TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Man I like that a lot, looks good. Is the receiver welded to those two tubes above it only, or does the tubing wrap under it too

·
Registered
673 Posts
Are these for sale? Specs? Prices?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Any plans for wrap around protection?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Impressive...
Only two things I would have done different:
1) mount the receiver a little higher to have some more ground clearance.
2) Where you have your mounts located, extend them, make it out of 1/2 steel and drill a hole for a shackle.

So what is the weight, cost, color options, etc....

·
Registered
796 Posts
6th one down(w red "beefed") looks sharp; would love to see it bolted on

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
They all look really nice. And Beefed:)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Where do you guys get your steel? The local shop around here just seems dirty and oily. It's dark grey. I use acetone to clean it but it still doesn't look like the stock above. Is that characteristic of bad/dirty steel?

Beefed....Is that bumper DOM or HREW?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where do you guys get your steel? The local shop around here just seems dirty and oily. It's dark grey. I use acetone to clean it but it still doesn't look like the stock above. Is that characteristic of bad/dirty steel?

Beefed....Is that bumper DOM or HREW?
DOM is usually more of a gray than it is shiney like the welded tube I posted. All of the HREW I buy is always covered in filth (oil to keep it from rusting)

I always wipe it down so it's a little cleaner when I handle it. All my bumpers are welded tube, DOM is too expensive to build bumpers out of, nobody would buy them. All the material I buy gets well seasoned by my dog's slobber by the time I get it home. Thanks for asking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
DOM is usually more of a gray than it is shiney like the welded tube I posted. All of the HREW I buy is always covered in filth (oil to keep it from rusting)

I always wipe it down so it's a little cleaner when I handle it. All my bumpers are welded tube, DOM is too expensive to build bumpers out of, nobody would buy them. All the material I buy gets well seasoned by my dog's slobber by the time I get it home. Thanks for asking.
Thanks for the reply.

Is acetone a good choice for cleaning or is there another more effective option.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Any pics of the front plate style bumper mounted? I didn't see it on your website.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts