TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm officially in the motor swap biz.

The victim is a 1994 4Runner with a tired 3.0. I'm swapping a 30,000 mile 2004 3.4 out of an automatic single cab Tundra.

I'm doing this swap for an Atlanta local. He'll be around to say whats up later.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What's better than a Tundra?

A Tundra with some kick ass stuff in the bed.

The 3.4 for this swap.

An extra FJ80 axle. No e-locker this time. This will be the axle that will finally make it under my beater. :xsmokin1:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of guys have been spreading rumors about automatic 3.4 motors not having the prevision for a pilot bearing. THAT IS FALSE! At least it is for all the automatic motors I've seen.

This picture is of a 2004 3.4 out of an automatic truck. Looks to me like that's a hole for a pilot bearing.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
dude how much will it cost if i just drop my truck off at your house with all the parts and have you do my converison for me :D

but seriously, cant wait to see how this turns out

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude how much will it cost if i just drop my truck off at your house with all the parts and have you do my converison for me :D

but seriously, cant wait to see how this turns out
Shoot me a PM, email or give me a call and we'll talk if you're serious. My Cell is: 678-858-1867

I'll be doing conversion harness's for 3.4's and 2.7's soon and if you guys find me an extra cab truck to swap a 4.0 in I'll be offering stuff for that conversion to. :xsmokin1:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
is that your tundra, if so does it have the 4.7? per our pm's you can probably see where I am going with this...any chance you could take some rough measurements on it under the hood and compare it to your 1996?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is that your tundra, if so does it have the 4.7? per our pm's you can probably see where I am going with this...any chance you could take some rough measurements on it under the hood and compare it to your 1996?
Yeah - I'll get some measurements tomorrow.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been working on wiring tonight. I love this stuff. I'm going to start pulling the 3.0 tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I hate you

If you come across a complete front let me know. I want susp and all if poss. Dont care weather its e-locked or not.

On topic though... I would like to see a 3.4 in a 2wd reg cab pickup...maybe a 3rd gen :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll keep an eye out for you.

How does a 1993 extra cab 2wd with a 3.4 in it sound. I found a decent extra cab 2wd that has a knocking motor. I'd rather have a 4wd but I can't find one for a decent price.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for you.

How does a 1993 extra cab 2wd with a 3.4 in it sound. I found a decent extra cab 2wd that has a knocking motor. I'd rather have a 4wd but I can't find one for a decent price.
Thanks man, the 2wd could easily be swapped to sfa later

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man, the 2wd could easily be swapped to sfa later
True, I would just like to keep it low and on 31's or so max. That's my reason for looking for a stock 4x4. I think I'm going to get this truck anyways. I just need a truck DD. I can get the truck and swap a 80,000 3.4 in it for around $2500.00 not too bad for a DD.

EDIT: I guess I could be really retarded and swap a push pull steering system if I did a SFA. :xsmokin1:

·
Registered
15 Posts
just sayin whats up.

whats happening everybody? i just joined TTORA this week, seems like a good place so far. that would be my tired 3.0 to 3.4 that yotaman is swappin. can't wait to see the difference. if anyone is in in atlanta let me know, me and few others w/ 1st and 2nd gen 4runners get together near east atlanta quite often. come on down.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
whats happening everybody? i just joined TTORA this week, seems like a good place so far. that would be my tired 3.0 to 3.4 that yotaman is swappin. can't wait to see the difference. if anyone is in in atlanta let me know, me and few others w/ 1st and 2nd gen 4runners get together near east atlanta quite often. come on down.
where at?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got some wiring done today. I was planning to start pulling the 3.0 but it rained all day.

<hi jack on>
I've been doing some research. I think I can easily do a SAS on a 2wd frame and keep it close to stock height even with crossover steering. I guess you guys can look forward to another build thread. :eek: :xsmokin1:
<hi jack off>

·
Registered
591 Posts
dang it. i want a 3.4 in my '94.

i need money.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts