TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an axle and as far as I can tell from all the reading here and at about 100 other sites it should be a good donor but I have a couple questions before I grab it.

It's off an 82 Wagoneer, 61" WMS-WMS, disk brakes etc. Six lug, drivers side drop, not vacuum assist. It's covered in oil and dirt so I can't see much else but I can get it for $60 canadian. Is this the axle I want and any other things I should check before pulling it off the Heep? I'm hoping to go with leaf springs and 5-7" lift. Thanks. .....Steve

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Steve,

Noticed your getting ready for a SAS. If you decide to go that route let me know and i'll take most of your front end, especially the locker and axles, if your willing to part with it.

Joe

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
That sounds just like what I used, except mine is an '83. Clean it up and make sure the tubes are straight and nothing is cracked before you pull it out, but it sounds like you might have found a keeper :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Joe, I'll let you know but it won't be until at least August. I'm just starting to collect parts. The front would be good for you though, it's 4.56 and locked so you could just swap diffs and hook up the air line and be done. I also have 2 spare CV's sitting in my garage if you need an extra.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WATRD said:
That sounds just like what I used, except mine is an '83. Clean it up and make sure the tubes are straight and nothing is cracked before you pull it out, but it sounds like you might have found a keeper :)
Thanks Rob, also, do you know if the Waggys came with anything other than a 44 up front? Everything I found says it is but I want to be sure before I lay in the mud and pull it out. Anything else I should get from the Jeep while I can? .....Steve

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
SteveO said:
Hey Joe, I'll let you know but it won't be until at least August. I'm just starting to collect parts. The front would be good for you though, it's 4.56 and locked so you could just swap diffs and hook up the air line and be done. I also have 2 spare CV's sitting in my garage if you need an extra.
Would you sell a spare cv now??
Whoops..Sorry Harry..just saw you asked for them..

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll take it all when your ready, just let me know.

If you need an extra arm to pull some wrenches or hold your beer for the SAS, I'll be there!

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
SteveO said:
Thanks Rob, also, do you know if the Waggys came with anything other than a 44 up front? Everything I found says it is but I want to be sure before I lay in the mud and pull it out. Anything else I should get from the Jeep while I can? .....Steve
As far as I know, they all came with D44's up front. As I understand it, the diff changed sides from passengers side to drivers side at some point (I wheel with a guy who did the Waggy conversion on his pre-Tacoma using one of the older passenger side diffs). But, otherwise you should be good to go. Grab everything from the draglink down and from hub to hub.

Are you going to grab the front springs as well?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WATRD said:
As far as I know, they all came with D44's up front. As I understand it, the diff changed sides from passengers side to drivers side at some point (I wheel with a guy who did the Waggy conversion on his pre-Tacoma using one of the older passenger side diffs). But, otherwise you should be good to go. Grab everything from the draglink down and from hub to hub.

Are you going to grab the front springs as well?
I'll grab them for an extra $10 but not sure if I'll use them or not. Thanks. .....Steve

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TacoCrazy said:
Would you sell a spare cv now??
Whoops..Sorry Harry..just saw you asked for them..
I've got 2 spares plus the two on the truck. Shoot me a PM and we can work a deal if you just want one. I doubt Joe wants all 4. ....Steve

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Steve, I already have one spare CV and will probably take the ones off the diff but I do not think I will need your 2 spare shafts. 5 spare shafts is probable overkill.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spent two hours trying to get the axle today and no luck. The ubolts sre all seized and my sawzall battery died after cutting two bolts. Attempt #2 goes tomorrow. If only they'd let you take a cutting torch in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts