TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here ya go. I've been working on this for a couple months now. I had different people fab me the pieces and I finally got it finished yesterday. I spent about $300 total with the powdercoating and all. Its 2x5x3/16 and the mounting brackets are 1/4 thick. This thing is a beast! I had a local company do the powdercoating and it ran about $50 bucks. Looks great. I added the non-skidmark tape that I found at Lowes for about $10 a roll. If you have any questions or anything just let me know. Thanks and enjoy!
-Wes

·
Registered
636 Posts
Good job!

Was the welding done with a 220?

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Looks real clean. That CB antenna and wire are toast when the first hints of fun arrive though...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I didn't do any of the welding though so i'm not sure. I had buddies do it. I really don't do any hard trail riding in this truck so the mount should last! I use my 85 rig for the hard stuff!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Would you mind showing some pics of how the mounts are mounted to the bumper? I'm in the planning stages of mine.

Thanks!
AC

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where'd you pick up the spring mount from? Summit? No light on it?
I picked it up from a camaro restoration warehouse about 1 mile from my house. It cost about $25 but its new and very well built.

Would you mind showing some pics of how the mounts are mounted to the bumper? I'm in the planning stages of mine.

Thanks!
AC
The mounts are just placed up against the back of the bumper and welded. Thats all. There are no other braces. Let me know if you want pics.
Thanks, Wes

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yup, that's what I wanted to know. I was curious if it was just butt welded or if there was some gusseting.

Thanks!
AC

The mounts are just placed up against the back of the bumper and welded. Thats all. There are no other braces. Let me know if you want pics.
Thanks, Wes

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Yup, that's what I wanted to know. I was curious if it was just butt welded or if there was some gusseting.

Thanks!
AC
please add gussets or weld the mounts through the bumper this will make the whole thing stronger.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes, of course! I plan to gusset the bejesus out of mine. Just wanted to see how this one was done.

please add gussets or weld the mounts through the bumper this will make the whole thing stronger.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good. Any plans on mounting your lights for the license plate? Most states require them by law.
Yeah, I'm gonna get the light bolts and mount them in the bottom holes pointing upwards. I'll unplug them if I have to flip the plate up to haul something which I rarely ever have to do. I'll take the chance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts