TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i got the fabtech 3.5 inch coilovers on and it looks good and can get through a whole lot more but now i want more lift. Does anyone know if i can still use my coilovers with the fabtech 6in lift kit or is there something else i can do besides a body lift? I hate body lifts and will never do one. Any suggestions for more lift are needed!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Alright so i got the fabtech 3.5 inch coilovers on and it looks good and can get through a whole lot more but now i want more lift. Does anyone know if i can still use my coilovers with the fabtech 6in lift kit or is there something else i can do besides a body lift? I hate body lifts and will never do one. Any suggestions for more lift are needed!
I'm pretty sure you can't do much with the Fabtech for the coilovers, as from what I've heard is the Fabtech doesn't drop the front a full 6", and you can't add too much if any more lift without axle issues (someone on here used OME coils, either 880's or 881's for a lil more up front). But you can use them on the 5" Tuff Country kit as shown here.

http://parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/lift/tuffcountry/tuffcountry.htm

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just hoping i'd be able to reuse these new coilovers and get like 6inch drop brackets and such? Is there anykit that i can use with the coilovers i already dropped 1300 on?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
i was just hoping i'd be able to reuse these new coilovers and get like 6inch drop brackets and such? Is there anykit that i can use with the coilovers i already dropped 1300 on?
I think the closest is the Tuff Country 5". It normally uses spacers to go ontop of the stock strut/coil assembly (or the coilovers like in Peter Parks page that I listed. And I think you can get just the front kit and not get the rear blocks, etc. Not sure on that price though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i looked at that and it seems like the best option to just get the front kit and a whole new leaf pack in the back. This is next on the list after some custom armor here soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts