TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I’m Dave. I’ve owned and wheeled several jeeps. I traded my last wrangler for a Subaru last year when I thought my job was going in a direction that would require me to drive a lot. That didn’t quite pan out, so I’ve decided I’m in the market for a Tacoma that I could modify for moderate off roading. It would still serve road duty as well. Since I am taco ignorant I need some help in selecting the right model. I can’t really afford a gen 3 so what I’m looking for is pros and cons between gen 1 and gen 2 and their various trim levels, drive line, etc. Ultimately, if I could find something for around $12000 that would leave me a little more room for mods. That may be the biggest limitation, but still curious what everyone has to say. Buy the way here’s a couple of pic to show what I consider moderate off roading. I think both of these were at Wooly’s Off Road Park in TN.

E78BA0EB-55DC-42BB-B729-1FF25BEF1341.jpeg
9CC99E42-9E4D-4F82-8EC9-CDDFA71A19A5.jpeg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
ShowStop
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing