TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this 85 sitting on the side of the road, and I couldn't help myself... I just purchased a 82 a couple of months ago to start building. This was what I was looking for back then....

It has a solid SR5 22RE 5 speed, new clutch cylinder, It has some type of Rough Country suspension lift, a 3" body lift, 15x12 centerline wheels with 36x14.50 TRXUS STS. The body, bed, cab and interior are all solid, straight and original. The guy had receipts for over $400.00 of recent work to get the emissions to pass, and had the front axle hubs and seals replaced. I picked it up for $2500.00. It also had a CB, Kenwood Stereo with sub. I will be removing the bed, flat/tube bedding it, getting rid of those tires and wheels and replacing with some 36 IROKs. I am looking into some Hummer Beadlocks for it , and will continue with my plans for the 82 of a cage, gears and lockers. Hopefully I can sell the 82 and have the 85 ready by the SETO in June. Here are some pics of my toys. :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
B-E-A-U-tiful.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
holy body lift batman

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
nice score jason
-daniel

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Hey let me know when you want to sell the '82... YOu can even sell it without the mods if you want.... :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, I have a lot of work to do to get it where I want it, but it is on it's way. The 82 is going up for sale as is. I have recently replaced the plugs, wires, distributor, and made some carb adjustments and it is running like a top. Still seaping some oil, and a little noisy in third gear. It will make a nice trail rig build for someone. 04 Rocko Taco, I will send you a PM.
I was hoping to go to Gray Rock on the 20th, but I can not get off of work for that weekend. Does anyone know of anything going on at Tellico this weekend, I am considering a day trip...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the very exclusive '85 club ... it's a good one!

Tellico Mmmmmm very interesting (mouth watering like Homer's for a donut)!

I must get some brakes though. Master cylinder went out last weekend on the 1st String Runner ... ran into Charlie's Waggy ... his new bumper is now trail rated ... HA!

Possible though since the Wifey is going to ATL this weekend and I will be unsupervised.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
wish i could, gotta work saturday and sunday
-daniel

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
damn..thats nice and the re also...that was a damned good deal too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts