TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals ... can't belive it has taken me this long to find a local yota group ...

i got a bone stock 1982 4x4 pickup ... well its not totally stock , it has a flowmaster muffler and a set of buckshot mudders 31x 10.5 on black rockcrawlers

well wanted to say hey , now i am going to go browse a bit ...

c-ya around

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Welcome Nick...where in Ohio are ya'?

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Welcome to ohttora. If you get chance send me a e-mail with the fallowing information. Send the e-mail to [email protected]. I am Eric btw and manage the website.

First Name
Last Name
Middle Initial
Street Address
Address (cont.)
City
State/Province
Zip/Postal Code
Country
Contact Phone

Enter the date you signed up for OHTTORA:

Please provide your account information:

TTORA Screen name:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am right outside the cincinnati area ...

trying to find some parts for the truck also some info ....

need a 5spd swap ... so anyone know what i need to swap in a later model 5spd ... a w56 or something .....

here are some pics

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
the 5 speed should be bolt in........the shifters may be in different lacation so you will need to mod the floor but it is not bad........I am unsure about the crossmember.

The ideal swap is the r151F.........it is found in turbo trucks and turbo 4runners...........it is stronger than the normal 5 speeds and it has lower 1rst gear.........you will also need the t-case that goes with it as it is 23 spline rather than 21.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
RedRunnertc said:
Wow - nice truck! Where do you find what appears to be a rust free SFA truck in Ohio?

x2 on the R-series trannies. The turbo ones are getting rare, but the V6's have a similar tranny (R150) that is just as beefy, but doesn't have the granny low first.

You might try looking here too:
http://www.yotatech.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114
http://board.marlincrawler.com/

yeah but the v-6 ones won't hook to the 22r without a bellhousing swap :mad:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Very nice and clean looking truck! Looking forward to seeing it in real life...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
believe it or not someone donated it to saint Vincent and i picked it up for under $500 .....

rebuilt front knuckles , put the wheels and tires on it and threw a CD player in it ...

so i am looking for either a L52 5-spd or somthing and re-gear it to some 4.88's ... or i am swaping the SBC i have here in it ....would rather do the 5spd and then re-gear it though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts