TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not finished yet, still need to add the wrap arounds and tube. Then the Spring YJ lic plate mount. 3/16ths Sq tube,ballistic shackle mounts, flush mount reciver. What do you guy's think? Anything im missing?

·
Registered
638 Posts
i like it, clean. you gonna cut the bed for the side protection?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like it, clean. you gonna cut the bed for the side protection?
Thats the plan. I still can't decide on how to set up the corners, I don't like the idea of a 90 degree angle.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
definetly dont to 90's do a 45 and make sure the protection is far enough out so you can add tube work to it at a later date if you want to

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
definetly dont to 90's do a 45 and make sure the protection is far enough out so you can add tube work to it at a later date if you want to
well...somebody got let out early, LOL

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Not finished yet, still need to add the wrap arounds and tube. Then the Spring YJ lic plate mount. 3/16ths Sq tube,ballistic shackle mounts, flush mount reciver. What do you guy's think? Anything im missing?
lic plate lights?

that's probably the best rear bumper design I've seen over the years; very nice!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lic plate lights?

that's probably the best rear bumper design I've seen over the years; very nice!
Thanks, and i like how your corners set up i may be coping that a bit:D. For the Lic plate lights i got a ghetto LED strip that im going to stick on top of the flip up plate holder.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
people say dont do the 90 but I did on mine and love it. It makes for a useful step to get in and out of the bed. most high clearance, custom, low profile bumpers like that give you nothing to step on. otherwise looks great! love how everything is tied together

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice
Love the shackle mounts:kewl:

people say dont do the 90 but I did on mine and love it. It makes for a useful step to get in and out of the bed. most high clearance, custom, low profile bumpers like that give you nothing to step on. otherwise looks great! love how everything is tied together
I didn't think of that, as it sits it would be pretty tough to stand on.
Here's how I did my wrap arounds:

I like the way that your tube is tucked behind the body. I wonder if i can do that with the bling sized hoop im planning:xpimp:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Here's how I did my wrap arounds:
ya but it fell off:D

the designer had a faulty welder. that is what it was right scoobs/

·
Registered
6,489 Posts

and in my few short years of wheeling, of all the people ive met, trucks ive seen, carnage ive witnessed, that was the funniest fucking break Ive ever seen! :rofl:

me: "uh, scuba your pretty hard on the bumper"

stealth4x4: "gotta come back another foot or so"

scuba: "itll hold, thats what its there for"

CRACK

me: "holy shit, your bumper just fucking caved!" :lmao:

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
and in my few short years of wheeling, of all the people ive met, trucks ive seen, carnage ive witnessed, that was the funniest fucking break Ive ever seen! :rofl:

me: "uh, scuba your pretty hard on the bumper"

stealth4x4: "gotta come back another foot or so"

scuba: "itll hold, thats what its there for"

CRACK

me: "holy shit, your bumper just fucking caved!" :lmao:
any vids? :D

·
Registered
8,903 Posts

It wasn't the machine that was faulty it was the metal preparation that was.

110 welder + noob = oops ! :lmao:

sure it won't happen again !? :dunno: :p
Shouldn't. Soon I'll be reinforcing it on both sides.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts