TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what things are needed to be ordered for the 2" RB body lift for an 02 tacoma 4x4, manual tranny. I'm trying to see how much it would cost for the 2" with grade 8 hardware and ultimate pucks. What other things do I need to get. Not sure what to get from price list. I know a few people have the 2", can you tell me what else is needed to order, such as brackets, bed spacers, steering stuff etc. Thanks.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
renzo626 said:
So what things are needed to be ordered for the 2" RB body lift for an 02 tacoma 4x4, manual tranny. I'm trying to see how much it would cost for the 2" with grade 8 hardware and ultimate pucks. What other things do I need to get. Not sure what to get from price list. I know a few people have the 2", can you tell me what else is needed to order, such as brackets, bed spacers, steering stuff etc. Thanks.
I know that with my 1" RB BL I needed the steering extension, the bed spacers, front and rear bumper brackets ( if you have stock bumpers). Also, you'll probably need to extend the gas tank filler neck. There might be more but this is the stuff that I encountered with a 1" BL.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm thinking about doing a 2" body lift as well but am concerned w/the same things you are, bumping incase anyone knows.

·
Registered
199 Posts
steering extension
bed spacers
front bumper bracket
rear bumper relocation kit
fuel filler extension (either loosen and extend or add more hose)
shifter extension (personally i liked how my shifter sat lower)
thats all i can think of

when installing:
watch your engine lines (a/c, grounds, etc)
remove gas cap
lower or remove plastic radiator shrowd below the fan

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Zackattak said:
I know that with my 1" RB BL I needed the steering extension, the bed spacers, front and rear bumper brackets ( if you have stock bumpers). Also, you'll probably need to extend the gas tank filler neck. There might be more but this is the stuff that I encountered with a 1" BL.
you needed a steering extension for a 1" BL?
i didn't think you needed that...hum..

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
You don't need a gas tube filler extension. It will strech out enough; It's folded like the flexible part of a funnel. There is a small clamp assembly behind the inner fender plastic that if you loosen, you can freely move the filler neck. Remember to remove the gas tank lid before you lift the bed.. You will need a steering extension as well. (even for 1" I needed one on my 2001 double cab). Watch your hard brake lines where they are wound up in a coil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts