TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sifting through CL for the last couple weeks in parts cause you never know what your going to find. I came across this 92 4runner that had gone in the lake. It was a pretty good deal and will make a great winter project. :saw::saw::welder::welder::driving:

Attachments

·
2,251 Posts
I was sifting through CL for the last couple weeks in parts cause you never know what your going to find. I came across this 92 4runner that had gone in the lake. It was a pretty good deal and will make a great winter project. :saw::saw::welder::welder::driving:
I saw that too... thought about it the same way.. but I have enough projects now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took hours to get the thing home. When I got it in to the shop I put a fresh battery on it. All it did was click. The guy I got it from took the fan and belts off and stuck it all in the back so I put a big wrench on the crank pulley bolt and it didnt want to move so then I turned it backwards a little and then forward and it freed the motor right up. tonight I'm going to do the compression test but it turns right over now.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I even went as far a talking to him.. Once I saw the rear damage.. no thanks..... :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it looks like its a teardown project now. I have 0 compression on #1

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Looks like you got your work cut out for you! So whats up with the rearend? Looks like the who thing was smashed in and smoothed out?

Whats your plans for this rig?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once I get the engine back together I plan on just cutting the back end off kind of. It appears that it was rear ended and then they attempted to weld the tailgate skin in place and screwed the window in place.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
How much did he pay YOU to take it off of his hands??!! :confused::lmao:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Just checked out your pics. Man.....did they butcher that poor truck or what??!! :eek::eek::eek::saw::saw::welder::welder:

That is most definitely a long term project!! :p

Just bob the back end and 4 link it!!! :saw::welder::saw::welder:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the engine is hanging now. It was too late tonight to get long bolts for the stand. Yes, I intend on bobbing it so to speak but that's going to wait until this winter after I get it in running order again.

http://nvdobsons.shutterfly.com/pictures/179

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Pretty sweet! What's your plans for the rear now? Tube, Avalanche style?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im planning on closing it back in with the original window and probly some sort of flat bed

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya but that one is still IFS. My long term plans include the solid axles I have sitting out back. Thats still a pretty sweet ride. Those sliders look like the ones for the 4th Gen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
9 Participants
hannigfabworks
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing