TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put some seafoam in my truck however when I went outside today and took off the PCV hose that connects to the S/C just after the throttle body the truck just stalls out. It wont run without that hose connected...How can I get this stuff into my engine?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im worried about puttin it in through the brake booster for fear of if getting all over the rotors of the SC. When you put it in do you completely remove the hose or do you leave it somewhat connected?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone? Bump

·
Registered
117 Posts
pull on the trottle and it will suck it in. but like the other guy says the vacumm hose works.....thats how my mechanic did it the other day

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You can give the truck a little more throttle to keep it running, also you may notice if you block off the hose the truck keeps running. Best way to block off the hose is to shove it in a small cup of Sea Foam.
Suck a little Sea Foam into the hose, when the truck starts running rough (a second or two later) pinch off the hose until the truck starts to run smooth, repeat until all the Sea Foam is gone.

Tim

·
Registered
612 Posts
Man I'm always weary of putting any kind of miracle fluis or cleaner in my truck. Just today I saw a Dodge Neon motor torn down...someone had put a can of radiator leak stop crap in it and it looked like someone sprayed that "Great Stuff" expanding insulation all throughout the cooling system of the engine. It was a MESS. Seafoam might not be like that but be very careful what you put in your truck. If it ain't oil, gas, or antifreeze, it probably shouldn't be in there!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
sea foam is great stuff, gets my praise any day.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
97TacoDude said:
Man I'm always weary of putting any kind of miracle fluis or cleaner in my truck. Just today I saw a Dodge Neon motor torn down...someone had put a can of radiator leak stop crap in it and it looked like someone sprayed that "Great Stuff" expanding insulation all throughout the cooling system of the engine. It was a MESS. Seafoam might not be like that but be very careful what you put in your truck. If it ain't oil, gas, or antifreeze, it probably shouldn't be in there!
Yeah I agree with you there but over time its not like the engine cleans itself...and I have heard nothing but good about seafoam.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
ummm. how is putting it b4 the charger going to not let it get all over the rotors any different then putting it from teh brake booster?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I just kinda pinch the hose a little after I've gotten it off. Keeps running and then I start to let it suck in the Seafoam without pinching. It may take a couple of tries to do it without having the engine stall tho.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LavosTRD said:
ummm. how is putting it b4 the charger going to not let it get all over the rotors any different then putting it from teh brake booster?
If Im not mistaken, I am putting it in through the PVC line that goes to the PVC valve not to the connector on the supercharger in that case it would be sucked through the SC. Putting it through the brake booster line would go directly into the sc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for this quite stupid question but when I put the hose into the seafoam am I sucking it into the intake or through the PVC? There is no suction coming from the PVC.....Just making sure

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok thanks !

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I ran into the same problem so I put mine in the through the hose from the brake booster and had no problems at all, worked great. Also, I poured it into the end of the hose rather than putting the hose into the can, seems like you can be a little more careful that way.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Intrepid said:
I ran into the same problem so I put mine in the through the hose from the brake booster and had no problems at all, worked great. Also, I poured it into the end of the hose rather than putting the hose into the can, seems like you can be a little more careful that way.

Just a warning to the SC guys... I called Sea Foam and they said not to put this stuff through the Supercharger.

Hey you are from ashburnham?? I have been wheelin there a few times...My buddy got stuck out there on ashburnham rd. (PIA to get him out)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts