TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 2.7 L 4x4 Taco.When I bought it with 60,000 miles untill yesterday at 126,000 miles the temp gauge ran at about the half way mark when warmed up.As of yesterday the temp gauge was running at the C ,cold
mark.I took it up a steep hill in about 45 degree weather and it only went up about 1/8 of the way.On the way down the 3/4 of a mile road the temp went back to C.Today I filled the radiator with about a quart of antifrezee and now the gauge goes between 1/8 to about almost 1/2 and then fluctuates with driving conditions,load,etc..Can someone help me with this?My Haines book says the thermostat may be stuck open only if the needle stays on C when warmed up,and it does not say much more on this issue.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
sounds like your thermostat is stuck open, replace it....

Have you done a coolant change/flush lately? I reccommend changing the tstat with each change... Dont know about your rig, but my 03 calls for new coolant every 30K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
LEDZEPPELIN
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing