TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been searching all day and cant find a deff. answer. And since im still learning al this wheel lingo.
Rock Crawlers 16.5x9.75 w 4.5BS.
Read that some of the rock crawlers had inner holes that made the fitment hit the calipers. Would the 16.5 help this any? and could someone help me with the 9.75 - what is this?
Hoping this will fit my 06 trd. If not here a plug for the guy selling them.
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62349

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
if you are planning a street queen or going to double beadlock them then they are fine. otehrwise, since its a 16.5" rim, you cant air down without losing a bead

the 9.75 is the width of the rim.... i actually think that is quite skinny considering

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought 9.75 was the width but he has a tape measure in one of the shots that shows it at 11+in
how does the 16.5 help with double bead locs - just wondering.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
the 16.5" rims where made for large 3/4 ton and up trucks running high load tires that had 50+ PSI in them and where never designed/built with a inner safety bead to keep the tire on the wheel at low PSI.

Give up on the idea and run 16's or 17's, you will be much happier in the long run when the tires for 16.5's are not made anymore or it costs you 2K for a set cause they are made in very limited quantities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts