TTORA Forum banner
2081 - 2100 of 2120 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
1987 4Runner, 65" wide Diamond axle front, Tacoma rear, 5.29 electric lockers, 1GR-FE 4.0L V6, RA61 6 speed trans, dual cases with 4.7:1 gearset, coilover front suspension, 37 x 12.50 x 15's, custom paint, custom graphics, custom bumpers and sliders, custom 2 into 1 stainless mandrel bend exhaust, custom fender cut, custom everything.

·
Registered
223 Posts
1987 4Runner, 65" wide Diamond axle front, Tacoma rear, 5.29 electric lockers, 1GR-FE 4.0L V6, RA61 6 speed trans, dual cases with 4.7:1 gearset, coilover front suspension, 37 x 12.50 x 15's, custom paint, custom graphics, custom bumpers and sliders, custom 2 into 1 stainless mandrel bend exhaust, custom fender cut, custom everything.
Badass :clap:

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just read your whole thread and I got to say this is one of my favorite rigs out there.I'd imagine after all that work you would just want to enjoy wheeling it for a while but, whats next for this beast?
What's next? Well it's off to Oregon where the owner lives, but it will be back. We want bigger brakes on it. Tentatively we're planning on building a custom rear axle using FJ80 rear spindles, hubs and brakes, then converting the front to FJCrusier brakes. Obviously we'll need to swap out the 15" Walker Evans beadlocks for some 17" wheels, maybe Racelines.

Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
No judgement here, just asking:)

Anything homemade is cool in my book.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No judgement here, just asking:)

Anything homemade is cool in my book.
My EGT's were running uncomfortably high and I had a huge top mount intercooler that was just sitting in the shop. I didn't think it would do much, but decided to try it one day with the hood off and the intercooler on. It made a huge difference. I cut a hole in the hood and just ran for awhile with the intercooler sticking out while looking for a big enough scoop. I ended up just making something out of some sheet metal that I had left over from a previous project.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2081 - 2100 of 2120 Posts