TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any adjustment in the upper alternator bracket? As stated in earlier posts I need a new alternator. I received a lot of great advice, (thank you BTW) and if my current idea does not work, i will do what was suggested. My father in law works on toyota forklifts that use a 22r series motor. He got a new alternator for me (so free for me) to see if it would work. Well the connectors are the same, the bottom mount the same but the top mount that bolts to the tensioner bracket is slightly different. It measures about 1/2" difference in length from the holes from the bottom mount to top mount and is on a slightly different part of the circumference of the circle of the mounting points (if that makes sense) It is a nice alternator, external fan, no openings, supposedly explosion proof! I actually thought this design could help prolong its life in mud. Amperage ratings are supposed to be a bit higher than stock stuff.

The difference in mounting length is what worries me.

Any ideas?

If this is a totally jackass idea, feel free to tell me. If it works, a free alt for me!

·
Registered
230 Posts
sounds like it aint gunna work

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i was thinking it wouldnt work. I wil probably be going the boyle route, had i just done it when I first pulled the alt, it would be back in the truck already!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts