TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and was wondering what you guys though about it. the only tire i can find in this size tho is the tsl super swamper. anybody know of some different brands?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Never heard of anything in that size. Maybe if you went metric with 16" rims...

The common size is 32x11.50-15. TONS of choices in that size, however, i would recommend 33x10.50-15. Available in BFG A/T and M/T, various Super Swampers, and the Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Only tire I've seen it in is the Super Swamper (which runs slightly large), and a foreign tire called Simex, which is hard to get in the US.

hope it helps,
~Jay

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
when I first got my taco I ran that size tire you are looking for. Do you want an aggressive tread or an A/T?

I had a Toyo wide track (I believe that was the name of the model I had) it was an A/T tire actually road nice on the road. I didn't do too much hard stuff when I had them though as I was just getting into offroading when I had them.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
i was hoping to find that size myself in AT's, but ended up getting the traditional 32X11.50.

I wish BFG could offer the 32X10.50 option. That would be great.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are cheaper than the cooper stt's that i have been looking at. but the road noise and lack of sidewall tread are kinda making me rethink

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think 265/75/16 is pretty close to a 32x10.5. That is the only size I know of that is close.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ran 32x10.50 Super Swamper Radials for about 3 years. They were the perfect size for my un-lifted IFS rig. They were way quieter than my old 31" Pep Boys mud terrains, and were just barely louder than the 31" BFG A/Ts that I have on my '94 daily driver.

Finally graduated to a SAS and 36" Swampers though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't say how strong they are compared to a BFG, but I'm sure they're stronger. I wheeled these tires on rocks all the time with about 8 psi and never had any problems with them at all.

I had them on 8" rims, but if I was to do it again I'd go with 7".

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
BeaterToyota said:
I ran 32x10.50 Super Swamper Radials for about 3 years. They were the perfect size for my un-lifted IFS rig. They were way quieter than my old 31" Pep Boys mud terrains, and were just barely louder than the 31" BFG A/Ts that I have on my '94 daily driver.

Finally graduated to a SAS and 36" Swampers though.
do you have any pics of those installed? I'm curious about how they look.

thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
ben90 said:
do you have any pics of those installed? I'm curious about how they look.

thanks
Pics of what? The 36"s or the 32"s? Those are the 32"s in the original pic I posted.

Here are 36"s with only a 1.5" lift; a lift shackle in the rear and ball joint spacers up front:

Here it is with the SAS done and about 4.5" of lift:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire brands and sizes

Yea theirs a few companies that run that exact size but if your running stock lift you might want to think twice about it cuz those tire's are gonna rub bad, my 31's rub when ever I make a tight turn. Dick Cepek has a tougher Tire compound an they make that size of tire also x-terrain is a good offroad tire. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hey BeaterToyota,

thanks for posting some additional pics of the 32's. Sorry for not being specific with my question above.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts