TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the Engage Offroad Lt kit on Custom taco's and it almost seems to good to be true. Does any one have any information on the kit? Has any one tried it out first hand?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I would not buy such a kit with an email such as: [email protected]

why? do you know Jerry? i do...

its an e-mail address for fucks sake, just happens to be his screen name too

if the kit offers what your looking for its a great deal and i know Jerry will stand behind his product.

id buy it if it offered what i am looking for in a LT kit...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is this the same guy who had a green std cab yota with way crazy wide arms? Had a few post on DR and was attacked big time?

Just curious It has no effect on my answear I just want to make sure its him.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
i THINK the owner of the snowplow designed that kit. havnt seent hat truck break either.

·
Registered
475 Posts
yah jerrys product seems legit havent seen it is person, but how can you base it off of his email address, it isnt like he is a huge company, just trying to help other people out with an affordable kit, if you dont like it dont buy it but dont base it off the fact his sn is pimpintaco

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would rock it if I didn't already have my camburg kit on. Engage is a small shop that is trying to get into the semi mass production kits. Just because his screen name is pimpintacoma dosen't mean he is a shady guy. From what I have heard the kit can take some serious beatings. Also Jerry did all of the work to his race truck #1482 and it seems to hold up just fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the kit. I like it alot. My friend has basically the same truck as mine with the tc kit on my truck handles alot better. Not saying that one kit is better than the other, just saying that mine feels alot better TO ME. Yeah Jerry is a great guy. He has a very similar kit on the snow plow 1482 ( as already stated ) and it holds up fine. I am strapped at 15" of travel right now and I am very happy with the kit. Heimed uppers with upper uni, 4" over, 16" of metal-metal travel. I say, GO FOR IT. I know that Jerry and Hasseem are looking for another place to build the kit as of right now but idk, hit them up.

-Justin

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think that i am going to go for it.

I have been talking to Jerry and he seems realy cool and the kit is what I am looking for to break out of the mid travel and go lt. I will probably order it up this week and hopefully get the Kings shortly after. I will be sure to take plenty of pics and keep you updated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hasseem designed the kit, Jerry's testing it on his gf's truck, and is pretty much the marketing guy....they both work on their own trucks, including the snowplow, which has raced MDR, and prerun baja numerous times. Hasseem's fab work has held up beautifully so far, with no issues with the fabrication or design....I've seen Jerry's truck from the beginning and the only issues he's EVER had with the front end is breaking a spindle....which is a toyota problem...I plan on running their kit once I get the cash together and we can figure out what to do to retain 4wd....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is this the same guy who had a green std cab yota with way crazy wide arms? Had a few post on DR and was attacked big time?

Just curious It has no effect on my answear I just want to make sure its him.
that's not him....the plow has has a few color changes, but it was never green....he should have a racer profile...#1482

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate all of the info i am going to try and to get the kit ordered up tomorrow. This may be off subject but I had seen a show where they couldn't powder coat a Chromoly frame because it would weaken it. does any one know if this is true or not. Jerry told me the kit comes raw and i ahd thought about having it powder coated. I know that most every one powder coats thier stuff like tc and cam right? thanks again for any info.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
yeah like everybody said jerry's not a shady guy hes a pretty cool guy and his kit is nice i would of gotten it but i got the camburg kit since they're down the street from my place

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I would have purchased Jerry's kit I think, but being 4wd, and being 5" over i think, tundra axles would be out of the question. My budget isn't in the right place for LT and all the goodies that go with it right now :) And yea, i've seen it on his girlfriends truck, and it's pretty damn wide and handles whoops pretty well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The kit is 4" over and you need custom axles to retain 4x.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts