TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last guy swapped intake and battery.. I think because of different radiator. Either way he used a cheesy intake tube that ripped way too easily. Do you guys have any ideas for a replacement tube? Thinking of getting something custom bent but I don't really want to spend too much $$

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
http://siliconeintakes.com/

Get the good stuff; I built the FMIC piping for my AllTrac from their parts. They're down here in the Springs so shipping should be pretty quick. You can get a discount by linking their site in your signature; send them an email with a URL and they'll give you a discount code. I think it's 10%, but a dollar is a dollar.

Between joiners, t-bolts and silicone bends, it should be able to come out pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://siliconeintakes.com/

Get the good stuff; I built the FMIC piping for my AllTrac from their parts. They're down here in the Springs so shipping should be pretty quick. You can get a discount by linking their site in your signature; send them an email with a URL and they'll give you a discount code. I think it's 10%, but a dollar is a dollar.

Between joiners, t-bolts and silicone bends, it should be able to come out pretty inexpensive.
Sweet thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for!! I'll check them out

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
autozone has some lastic stuff you can like clamp together. You could bend tube and throw silicone on the ends.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Did you get this sorted out? I found some leftover bits-n-pieces today; not sure if they'd fit the intake/AFM though... what size are they on your truck?

What I mean is: measure the throttle body and AFM and I'll see if what I have fits if you still need stuff. Also found some fancy T-bolt clamps.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have not.. I will do some measuring tomorrow and let you know

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for taking so long!

Measured and its 2-3/4" outer diameter on each. So 2-3/4" inner diameter of tube I need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have ordered from the silicone intakes website and they have good prices and products. I used aluminum pipe and couplers for my'92 3.0L in my 4runner and will make a new inlet for my 3.4 swap as soon as it is finished.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So what pieces do you guys think I will need from silicone intakes to make it work? (2) 45* bends with straight pipe in middle?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered a bunch of stuff so hopefully something will work out of the order then I can send the rest back!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got everything worked out. Thanks for suggesting silicone intakes down in the Springs!! I ended up ordering a 90* and 45* and a few other connectors to make sure I had something... Ended up using a 90* and a hump hose connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts