TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in running the pony express trail in the eastern half of Nevada? The trail is around 150 miles of dirt runable in anything with 4wd that doesn't mind a couple scratches. The trail starts being runable with a truck at dry creek road about 40 miles west of Eureka off of hwy 50. The trail ends 10 miles from the Utah border at the goshute reservation about 60 miles from Ely NV.

I'm thinking we'll run the trail in 2 days, leaving Eureka early Saturday, camp at Ruby lake/ marsh Saturday night and then run the rest of the trail Sunday. I have Fridays off and wouldn't mind spending 3 days on the trail but I realize most people have to work. If anyone wants to throw a tent up in my yard or crash on my floor (my house is small) Friday night you are welcome to.

Weekends I could do it

Spt 24-25
October 1-2
October 8-9

Let me know if your interested

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm interested. May or may not be able to make these dates, but for sure in the future, maybe early spring?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another run in the spring might be doable. It is a seasonal trail with a couple 7,000' passes, telegraph pass is pretty close to Eureka and it doesn't melt till mayish.

I'm trying to dig up some pictures from the last time I ran part of it. It's a really senic trail with lots of nice views and some historic spots along the way. Ruby lake is also a "big" body of water for Nevada with some good fishing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts