TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to go 38's eventually just trying to decide if i should now or get another set of 35's. i'm wondering how it will look, anyone have any pics of this setup with 12" of lift? preferrably swampers but whatever will work.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
liftedtoy97 said:
going to go 38's eventually just trying to decide if i should now or get another set of 35's. i'm wondering how it will look, anyone have any pics of this setup with 12" of lift? preferrably swampers but whatever will work.
Maybe you should post this in the SAS section, if you haven't already, you'll need to...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have pics of my truck with 11.5" to 12" front on 36x12.50 tsl radials on 15x10 hellcats. Send me a pm with your Email address and I'll send you a pic. Just ordered some 38x15.50x15 fun country's for 15x12 rims. Will have them on in a few weeks. Tsl's still have tread left.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm truck is has the IFS suspension.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Wow what kind of lift combinations do you have to get 12"'s? damn...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
A 6" drop bracket, plus c/o's cranked to 3", plus a 3" body lift...it's an ultra trouble free, and reliable triple threat for sure...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That's night and day compared to my example above... :rolleyes:

Seriously now, I'm sure Wes will chime in saying I'm just a "hater", but you do realize that if you're into the ultra tall, and wide tires, IFS isn't the way to go.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
That's a lot of truck with IFS. What do you do with this thing? Does it get wheeled?

Just interested.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
uhh yeah it gets wheeled, thats why i built it up. i dont know why everyone is on this kick that if you have ifs it wont do a damn thing off road and breaks every day and is a mall queen.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
liftedtoy97 said:
uhh yeah it gets wheeled, thats why i built it up. i dont know why everyone is on this kick that if you have ifs it wont do a damn thing off road and breaks every day and is a mall queen.
Just wondering what you do with a truck that tall. It wasn't a question of IFS. The majority of people on this forum wheel IFS, regularly, and many wheel very hard.

I wheel 33s with 3" of lift, a buddy of mine wheels 35s with 5" of lift. I just can't see being that tall. I just assume fit the biggest possible tire with the least amount of lift, all within reason.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont do anything crazy to where i am always in a position i could easily roll, i just like it at the height it is, and it does great offroad

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Well that is good enough for me.

When I am finally ready to mount my 36" IROKs that have been waiting patiently in my garage, they will be bolted to a solid axle setup, and I won't be much more than 6" higher than I am now if I can set everything up correctly.

While it is fun riding in a tall truck and looking down on people, I have noticed the tendency to lean in corners and teeter on steep hills. That is not for me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts