TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting the OME coilover lift/shackle kit from toytec. Looking for a place to do the install. I could do it but its too damn cold out!
Also, will this kit sag over time? will a 2.5" kit become a 2" in a short time?
What would/should it cost for the install?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Get with the Ohio chapter of TTORA (OHTTORA.org) and have a wrench-a-thon. A coilover/shackle lift is an easy install. I'd help you out, but I live in Columbus. If you wanted to come down here on a weekend we could get it done in a day, but there are a bunch of active members in the Cleveland area.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Stuver Spring in Akron has been around FOREVER...and they did my install. Im happy with them, very reliable and reputable. Great guys to work with. Only about 45 mins from Cleveland i would imagine.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I am not sure how many people need work on the rigs right now for a wrench-o-thon but we tend to have one at least every few months, or when ever terry breaks his rig. :D If you aren't in a hurry just hook up with us some time and we can lend a hand. I know a couple of shops around here but it is about a 1hr drive for you so don't think it will help much. There is ON And Offload here in Oberlin that does mostly Jeep stuff but you may be able to work something out with them.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
or when ever terry breaks his rig
ouch :flipoff2: :D

Sometime before the 27th of Jan I need to do someting about my exhaust but other than that I should be good at least untill then, I'm sure I'll find something to break at Wellsville though

If Joe gets that diff I think we might need to help him swap it in, not sure what anyone else has going.

I can prob lend a hand on a weekend if somebody wants to do a wrench-a-thon

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I was wondering when you would see that Terry. :D My garage is out of commission for awhile can't get anything in right now do to my dad storing his tools. Once that is cleared out the tractor has to get tore down. I do have access to another heated garage that we could use but there is barely any tools there, on the other hand it is maybe a 1/4 mile from my house so that shouldn't be bad.

Terry do you have an idea what you are going to do with the exhaust?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Yea,I've been slacking on my forum browsing lately

If needed we can prob use the shop where I work if people don't mind driving. Or I do prob have most tools that we would need in my truck normally if you wanna do it at your buddies

My plan is just to cut it off and put a turn down at the end of the muffler but I need to inspect the hangers and the rest of the exhaust forward of that to make sure I don't need to replace a lot up that way as well, just been to lazy to crawl under lately. I may take it to a cheapy muffler shop down the road from where I work and let them deal with it if it's not to pricey.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
99TanTaco said:
ouch :flipoff2: :D

Sometime before the 27th of Jan I need to do someting about my exhaust but other than that I should be good at least untill then, I'm sure I'll find something to break at Wellsville though

If Joe gets that diff I think we might need to help him swap it in, not sure what anyone else has going.

I can prob lend a hand on a weekend if somebody wants to do a wrench-a-thon
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showpost.php?p=646552&postcount=2956

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
TuRD03 said:
I am thinking of getting the OME coilover lift/shackle kit from toytec. Looking for a place to do the install. I could do it but its too damn cold out!
Also, will this kit sag over time? will a 2.5" kit become a 2" in a short time?
What would/should it cost for the install?
on&off road is good or the next wrenchaton

1 - 13 of 13 Posts