TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine is always getting dirty and caked up in dirt, and i know, i know its a truck, but i like to keep it clean;I know in most cars I've had its not this bad, maybe i am missing some engine covers or something?

oh and on the underside of my hood, that flame resistant material is in like 100 pieces can I just get a roll of that stuff at like autozone or can I order one new for my model or what?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just take it off....none of the newer models have it
Really i didn't know that, it will definitely look a lot better without it!

·
Banned
722 Posts
Took mine off. I think it's more a sound deadener than a flame retardent. been that way for over 5 years and no issues. As far as keeping the engine clean. Don't drive in dirt, mud, rocks, snow, ice. Mall parking lots work well, but serisouly just clean it but that's about all you can do as long as your engine covers are in place between the body and the frame and your skidplates are on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took mine off. I think it's more a sound deadener than a flame retardent. been that way for over 5 years and no issues. As far as keeping the engine clean. Don't drive in dirt, mud, rocks, snow, ice. Mall parking lots work well, but serisouly just clean it but that's about all you can do as long as your engine covers are in place between the body and the frame and your skidplates are on.
yea I took it out today, but all i can see is a skidplate on my truck, i think i might be missing some engine covers, are they metal or just plastic, because staying out of Mud, dirt, and ect is kinda out of the question

·
Banned
722 Posts
They're rubber and are located in the fenderwells. If you have a body lift they probably aren't connected or aren't there. Not the fenderwell lining itself these go the the frame and the body.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Its a truck live with it

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts

All it does it drop on the motor in the event of a fire.

Plastic melts off, it drops, smothers the fire...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
112 Posts
try living at the end of 4 miles of gravel road where it never rains...i used to try to keep it clean but now i try to just not look at it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
try living at the end of 4 miles of gravel road where it never rains...i used to try to keep it clean but now i try to just not look at it.
hahahaha no wonder you drive a toyota anything else and you wouldnt make it to a gas station haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Try driving faster than it takes for the dirt to get kicked up?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.