TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im deciding which tire to buy to go with a 3 inch lift i put on my tacoma. Im looking at maxxis bucksot, bridgestone dueler at's, the bfg atko, the nitto terra grappler, and the destination mt. Im trying for an agressive tire that will last pretty well... i need the off road traction. if anyone has any advice or experience with these tires it would be of great help!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
start off deciding whether you want a mud tire or an all-terrain. if you go off-road enough, you should go with mud tires, if not, go with all-terrains. you are the only one who can decide which one you need. obviously mud tires wont last as long as all terrains or be as quiet or ride as good on the road/in the rain. but weigh your options and then go from there.

So which one is it?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
tacotrd707 said:
im deciding which tire to buy to go with a 3 inch lift i put on my tacoma. Im looking at maxxis bucksot, bridgestone dueler at's, the bfg atko, the nitto terra grappler, and the destination mt. Im trying for an agressive tire that will last pretty well... i need the off road traction. if anyone has any advice or experience with these tires it would be of great help!
Bridgestone Duelers rock for your application.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i should have made myself more clear on that one.. id like to know which M/T wears the best.. i need an M/T and i know they dont wear as well as the ats so my question is what is a good wearing M/T?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that kills what the buckshots are supposed to hold up to... i think the bfg may be the way to go

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you are in Louisiana get the Maxxis Buckshot Mudders from CC Burgess Tire online or from ebay. Or maybe the Maxxis Bighorn. I have some Buckshot Mudders.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im in louisiana.. yeah i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the bighorn..im familiar with the performance of the buckshot and i know its pretty solid.. but im thinking the bfg may be my best bet... i appreciate all the input

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hey I have some Toyo MT's that I need to sell, im going bigger wanna look? I would go with MT no matter what. How much of a MT is a different story. The Maxxis are super beefy, but I think over all they are a bit much. Decide on what you drive on most. dirt or pavement. The Toyos been good to me, bfg's are good too.. maxxis are good, but the tread to me is really noisey on road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
ryguy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing