TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
muddybamayota88 said:
I thought about getting some sliders but there are NO rocks around here so I really don't need um.
You'd be surprised what kind of protection they offer beyond fending off rocks. They also serve as a good point for jacking the truck.

A winch bumper and winch would be a very useful addition alternatively/additionally.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
muddybamayota88 said:
I thought about getting some sliders but there are NO rocks around here so I really don't need um.

do you wheel on totally flat terrain with no obstacles? :D

sliders aren't just for rocks ...rockerpanels will still bend nicely on dirt, trees, random objects strategically placed along the trail... it's just advice...

·
Registered
533 Posts
muddybamayota88 said:

They also help to protect you from stumps, ledges, standing and fallen trees.

And door dings :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I made myself sliders right after I got my Hi-lift. It became obvious realquick that without sliders the jack is useless. Also, whenever I see a truck with that sort of brush guard I wonder how much additional damage could be caused to the truck by strikeing something with it on there...seems like your headlights would be toast. Not very good protection imo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts