TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of anyone who has gotten a tattoo in Denver and would reccommend?

I've been wanting a tattoo and I want to get one on my birthday and it'll be cool to get it while in Denver if there's an artist I like.

Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
When I was at Mines, a couple people had some really nice work done at Wizard's Workshop on Colfax. Of course, that was a long time ago (12 yrs) - if they are still there, that would say quite a lot!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Th'ink Tank ...Twisted Sol ...Celebrity tattoo all have some really talented artists!
http://www.thinktanktattoo.com/home.htm if I remember correct Scottie is who did the pin up girl on my buddy Josh's arm and Jeff did a lot of the other work!
http://www.twistedsol.com/ts_main.html
http://www.celebritytattoo.com/ the one in Lakewood is where a couple of neighbors I had went for the small simple works!
I have personally seen work from all three that was really good...S. Broadway and W. colfax have a ton of shops along them if you want to drive down thru there and sample the works all with in a few miles of down town!

I think the guy (Sugar Bear?) at Wizard's Workshop mentioned above is fairly well known....it is part of the Emporium of Design Group which has shops and artists all over the place!

Unfortunately the shop owner I knew in Ft collins has moved otherwise I would recommend her!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RedRunnertc said:
When I was at Mines, a couple people had some really nice work done at Wizard's Workshop on Colfax. Of course, that was a long time ago (12 yrs) - if they are still there, that would say quite a lot!
Yeah I heard a few good things about Sugar Bear at Wizard's Workshop. She's supposedly really talented. But she doesn't have a gallery online.

Think I'll stop by there and check out her work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bluetaco said:
Th'ink Tank ...Twisted Sol ...Celebrity tattoo all have some really talented artists!
http://www.thinktanktattoo.com/home.htm if I remember correct Scottie is who did the pin up girl on my buddy Josh's arm and Jeff did a lot of the other work!
http://www.twistedsol.com/ts_main.html
http://www.celebritytattoo.com/ the one in Lakewood is where a couple of neighbors I had went for the small simple works!
I have personally seen work from all three that was really good...S. Broadway and W. colfax have a ton of shops along them if you want to drive down thru there and sample the works all with in a few miles of down town!

I think the guy (Sugar Bear?) at Wizard's Workshop mentioned above is fairly well known....it is part of the Emporium of Design Group which has shops and artists all over the place!

Unfortunately the shop owner I knew in Ft collins has moved otherwise I would recommend her!
Wow Scottie at Think Tank does some nice pinups! But the tattoo I want is sort of intricate and he just doesn't have great detail in small intricate areas.

But I liked Patrick Shackley's work at that shop. Looks like he'd be a good candidate for the tat I want.

But I've heard some good things about Sugar Bear at Wizard's as she's been around a long while and is sort of big in the convention scene.

Think I'll go chat w/ Sugar Bear and head over and chat w/ Patrick before I decide who will have the honor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lysmachia said:
Darrick has a good friend who owns a shop in Arvada. Darrick has actually done some of the artwork. Anyhow I'll find out.
Ugh should I really trust a friend of Darrick poking me with needles? :eek:

·
Registered
965 Posts
King Karnage said:
Ugh should I really trust a friend of Darrick poking me with needles? :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: molly he makes a good point

·
Registered
878 Posts
Firetacoma said:
I like Bolder Ink... got both of mine there... don't take tat advice from someone without a tat. coughlaytoncough.
Don't take advice on artists from someone who doesn't know shit about art is more like it!

I don't remember ever seeing you tats...are they black or colored pigment?
are they small and are they intricate in detail?

A few of my drawings are on people's skin and I've actually gone as far as to pick up the gun and have laid a few lines on a pig. heck I've even blended pigments for the inks!
being on the receiving end doesn't make an expert...at least post up a link or phone number to the artist where Aarron can see a sample or call them to see what they have to offer!

I have pages full of sketches for tattoos, and as of yet haven't found anything I'm passionate about to have ink done...I can tell stories with out pictures on my skin and don't need it for an ice breaker!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bluetaco said:
I have pages full of sketches for tattoos, and as of yet haven't found anything I'm passionate about to have ink done...
Yeah it took me 12 years to figure out what I want. My brother was gonna take me on my 18th bday for a tattoo but I couldn't figure out what I wanted. Been thinking about it since and I finally came up with what I wanted back in July.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Firetacoma said:
I like Bolder Ink... got both of mine there... don't take tat advice from someone without a tat. coughlaytoncough.
ha ha!!! thats just fkn funny!!! "hold on let me google that!!!"

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
King Karnage said:
Anyone know of anyone who has gotten a tattoo in Denver and would reccommend?

I've been wanting a tattoo and I want to get one on my birthday and it'll be cool to get it while in Denver if there's an artist I like.

Anyone have any recommendations?
So whatcha going to get... your first? I am warning you if this is your first time, there is a high chance that once you get your first one you'll want more... :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
blown4runner said:
So whatcha going to get... your first? I am warning you if this is your first time, there is a high chance that once you get your first one you'll want more... :D
It's hard to explain but gonna get this head popping out of a hole exposing flesh/bone on my forearm with these designs flying out that wraps around to the top of my arm.

And yes I know it will lead to many. Especially now that my friend Gina in Australia just became a tattoo artist apprentice. Woooo free tattoo's!!!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
King Karnage said:
It's hard to explain but gonna get this head popping out of a hole exposing flesh/bone on my forearm with these designs flying out that wraps around to the top of my arm.

And yes I know it will lead to many. Especially now that my friend Gina in Australia just became a tattoo artist apprentice. Woooo free tattoo's!!!
sounds cool, when ya get it done you'll have to post some pics up... So ya figured out who's going to do this work of art?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blown4runner said:
sounds cool, when ya get it done you'll have to post some pics up... So ya figured out who's going to do this work of art?
I have an appointment w/ Sugar Bear at Wizard's but only on the account I like the work she has in her portfolio she's gonna go over w/ me.

I'm picky as hell but this design took me 12 years to figure out and is intricate in detail so I gotta be comfortable w/ the artist.

Otherwise I'm flying out to NY to have this guy who only does Tats by referral. I always forget the guys name damnit. He's super expensive oh so talented.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts