TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealership does not seem to be able to figure out what gears I have when I gave them my vin. They told me to look at the silver tag bolted on to the cover!!

Edit: My door jam says B07A which indicates 4.30, I had factory 265's on a reg cab 5spd. Can I safely assume 4.30 is correct?

Does anyone have access to look this up? 5tepm62n91z725645

If anyone can do this easily, I would really appreciate the effort! its too cold outside to be monkey fucking my factory jack, and my floor jack shit its guts out on the floor.

·
Registered
947 Posts
007 said:
My dealership does not seem to be able to figure out what gears I have when I gave them my vin. They told me to look at the silver tag bolted on to the cover!!

Edit: My door jam says B07A which indicates 4.30, I had factory 265's on a reg cab 5spd. Can I safely assume 4.30 is correct?

If anyone can do this easily, I would really appreciate the effort! its too cold outside to be monkey fucking my factory jack, and my floor jack shit its guts out on the floor.
I could be wrong, but several years ago I looked this up on this site. I got a code from my truck somewhere (maybe door jam), and then compared it to a list here and it showed which gears it had. I did the test and it was correct. Its on ttora.com, not in the forum. (or it was at one time).

·
Registered
444 Posts
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11414&page=3&pp=30

i got the same code b07a... we can sorta assume that 4.30's are right... but can only be sure by running the vin by the dealer or comparing 1 tire revolutionto to the # of revolutions on the driveshaft - i have not yet got one of my rear tires jacked up to do that yet. lemme know if you decide to go ahead and do that and what kinda numbers you come out with.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Just an FYI, but the gear code is not always consistent. I had the B07A code on an old 99 non-TRD prerunner 2.7L auto, and it had a 4.56 gear ratio.

Like someone said, you can count the driveshaft revolutions as you rotate a rear tire, or you can also e-mail Toyota at toyota.com and by providing your VIN, they'll tell you your gear ratio a few days later.

·
Registered
530 Posts
007 said:

On a 2.7 L (4cyl. 4WD) Reg. Cab with the 265 tires from the Factory, If it's a 5 spd. then you have 4.30..If it's an auto then you have 4.56..

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
007 said:

use this (link below). assuming its still stock and the speedo is on. If not use a GPS. Write down GPS speed and rpms at that speed then put that into the calc. The diff ratio you have will be the one that produces the same RPMs and Speed you wrote down.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56784

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys, I'll get it figured out.

GOT COPE: thanks for that link I'll try that tomorrow

p.s. Your fucking name made me start chewing again you asshole!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing