TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am NOT looking to turn this in to another "change of plans/need three other guys and a truck" thread :p...

But if someone has a press and is willing to let me use it, I'd like to pick up some dimple dies for a few projects. How's this sound for a trade, let me use the press and I'll let you use the dimple dies?

TIA,
Sean

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best response I can think of is "when you gonna get the press?" :xsmokin1:

I could sneak them in the budget now, but without a press...yanno...

Might have a line on a small unit, dunno what condition it's in yet tho, but it's almost certainly smaller than what you're likely to get, if you're getting one for the shop. The one I'm looking at is small, two foot between the uprights, and the ram is fixed...the one I want is about three or four feet between uprights, and the ram can shift side to side...but I ain't rich :eek:

If my decision to get the dies would speed up your decision to get the press, let me know and we'll get to making go-fast holes.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'll check to see if they are getting rid of the one I want. Burt just closed Dodge and Pontiac/GMC so there is some shop equipment for employees for cheap. I'll know in a couple days

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought's crossed my mind more than once, more so now that I have a way to cut I-beam :xpimp:...I really don't need a tall/narrow press with a fixed center, I need a short/wide press with a ram that can move side to side.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
They don't seem to be willing to sell it. I was thinking of getting one of those fixed harbor feright 20 ton guys for my house though. Not sure if that will work for you though.

edit: the GMC store merged with the Chevy store and there is some bitching about tools needed over there.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't seem to be willing to sell it. I was thinking of getting one of those fixed harbor feright 20 ton guys for my house though. Not sure if that will work for you though.

edit: the GMC store merged with the Chevy store and there is some bitching about tools needed over there.
They're GM & Chevy, what the fawk are they gonna need tools for? :rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts