TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about sandblasting a set of factory wheels to have them powdercoated. Does anybody have one of these I might could use for a case of beer or something? The powdercoating place could do it but they charge $75 dollars an hour for this kind of work. Or if anybody knows where I could rent one. None of the local places have one. I'm in Athens. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You can buy the cheap bucket blasters from Harbor Frieght for about $100 or so. Those will make a mess, a huge mess, considering all the media will be sent all over creation since it's not in a booth.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Aircraft Stripper.

Just dont get it on ya...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea chris! I didn't even think about that! It would work right?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
we bought one of the cheap sand blasters from harbor freight few years age to blast down a couple of our jet boat trailers... bout 40 feet long each. Took a lot of sand, and made a huge mess. 3 years later and the sand is mostly still there:D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Good idea chris! I didn't even think about that! It would work right?
Yeah Wes, it'll work. its what we stripped all of our Mercedes wheels with at the shop I used to work at... we just put it on, let it sit, and hose it off, repeat if neccesary.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
who are you getting to do the powdercoating? I can't say for 100%, but when I did my valve cover it cambe back cleaner than when I sent it...doesn't mean I didn't clean it, the underside looked waaay betther though, like real metal. And I only paid $40 for that.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
There is a small sandblasting outfit in Gainesville (not too far from Athens).
Blast All - 770-532-8010, might call and see if they'll quote it. Might be worth the trip??
And yes, it's a messy deal if you do it yourself.
Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
There is a place in Acworth off Bells Ferry Rd.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a small sandblasting outfit in Gainesville (not too far from Athens).
Blast All - 770-532-8010, might call and see if they'll quote it. Might be worth the trip??
And yes, it's a messy deal if you do it yourself.
Hope this helps!!
I called the place and they said $7 per wheel!! Sounds like a deal to me! So $28 bucks for the whole job! Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts