TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I thought you were out of town? Though being in denver could kinda be out of town!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Probably a lot like any other Chinese place on North Federal....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought you were out of town? Though being in denver could kinda be out of town!
Nah, not yet, wheredja hear I was outta town? :confused:

Probably a lot like any other Chinese place on North Federal....
No :D. No, definitely not :D.

No bullshit, this is a Chinese joint...not Americanized takeout with over-battered & deep fried weird grisly pieces of dark meat covered in dubious sauce with too much dye and corn starch.

That BTW also means you better have a strong stomach and a love of really good, totally different food than you're used to :D. It's very fresh, as in, pick your dinner out of the tank fresh.

I want to go back, and I'm fresh out of Asian buddies to go with, who might lend some legitimacy to a round-eye like myself :D. Looking for some people interested in eating completely different food than they're used to.

-S

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Nah, not yet, wheredja hear I was outta town? :confused:
A little Katie told me. ;) I'm bummed she doesn't get to go with though.

And about that food, please take Troy. He never gets to eat fresh seafood stuff. My tummy won't handle that action.

I love americanized Chinese, Korean, and Thai. The real deal has way to much fish sauce and real funky seafood stuff.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And about that food, please take Troy. He never gets to eat fresh seafood stuff. My tummy won't handle that action.

I love americanized Chinese, Korean, and Thai. The real deal has way to much fish sauce and real funky seafood stuff.
As long as he's got wicked chopstick skillz. Otherwise they're gonna be like "hey...roundeyes..." :lmao:

It is the real deal and "funky" is an understatement for some of their menu :rofl:...it is sooo good...in fact it is the only Chinese restaurant I can say I enjoyed. The others all seem like they serve up fried versions of whatever Mickey D's wouldn't accept.

The reason I'm asking about this now is my company Christmas dinner is at Spice China in Louisville...and they have some similar stuff, but I don't know how similar. Reviews are hard to gauge b/c most Americans eat Kung Pao Chicken and nothing else, and the stuff I'm gonna be after is unpronounceable or inedible to most people. Would anybody be willing to try Spice China, at least? I could use some moral support...dunno if it's gonna be good or bleah :lmao:. Definitely gonna try it before the Christmas thing, probably next week if anybody wants to come with. Gotta order from the back half of the menu, tho.

So anyway, Spice China got me thinking about Ocean City Restaurant and how long it'd been since I'd eaten there.

-Sean

·
7,735 Posts
I was a big fan of Chinese food till I went to lunch with some guys from main land china once. I ended up staring at a whole chicken (head, etc) and couldn't bring myself to grab a chunk of meat out of the gut.. then the guest of honor (not me thankfully) grabbed the chicken head and crunched away...

Now I only advertise I like americanized chinese food.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Spice china is excellent, and yes some Americanized, but some over the top like you say. They have unusual dishes that taste great. I'd do spice china. But not ocean city.. ;)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
During the week really isn't good for me, but we might be down to try something.......new. ;) Weekends?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts