TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
FL VP
962 Posts
Glad to see more people in the pan hanadle area showing up..I hope you guys get things set and going up there....Is anyone interested in taking over as Trail Leader up?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am in Panama City as well.

Would like to see where others in the area are wheelin'..I am willing to drive to get to some good stuff.

My last wheeling trip consisted of a retention pond at a new development. :rolleyes:

Jimmy
'05 DC 4x4 - hoes & 33's

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am going home from Jacksonville to Pcola on the 22 and staying for a week. I would like to meet up with some people and do some wheeling...Anyone?

·
Registered
179 Posts
pitpok4x4 said:
I am going home from Jacksonville to Pcola on the 22 and staying for a week. I would like to meet up with some people and do some wheeling...Anyone?

I will go wheeling on the weekends. Just let me know of an area that is not too far away from PC. :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just FYI...I grew up in Niceville and am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field and live in Fort Walton Beach...
There's a really sick place to wheel near where 331 meets hwy 98...near Seaside, if any panhandle folks know where I mean....It's traditionally called Point Washington, and I believe it's still a State Park type area...it's basically miles of white sand dunes that were piled up during the dredging of the Intra-coastal waterway...I have wheeled my old Wrangler out there, but since I got my Toy in May haven't been out there yet....it's a sick place....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Surferdan83 said:
Just FYI...I grew up in Niceville and am currently stationed at Hurlburt Field and live in Fort Walton Beach...
There's a really sick place to wheel near where 331 meets hwy 98...near Seaside, if any panhandle folks know where I mean....It's traditionally called Point Washington, and I believe it's still a State Park type area...it's basically miles of white sand dunes that were piled up during the dredging of the Intra-coastal waterway...I have wheeled my old Wrangler out there, but since I got my Toy in May haven't been out there yet....it's a sick place....

I know exactly where 331 meets 98....Do you have more specific info on how to get to the trails? The intracoastal is definately the best wheeling area around, but you cannot(legally) ride there around Panama City.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not quite sure on the legality of it either...I actually had to open a gate to get back there...but there was definintely evidence of heavy ATV and dirtbike use...These are the best directions I can offer...Briefly: After passing 331 heading East on Hwy 98, the road bends slightly south...there are two seperate dirt roads that lead back to the intra-coastal, how accessable they are I don't know..it's been a year since I've been back there...
If you check out the Map function on the Google home page, you can zoom in on the satellite view of the Point Washington area and get a good idea of the trail setup..

·
Registered
272 Posts
i live in fort walton as well. maybe we could hit up the pit in c'view?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That would be really cool that is if the owner of the pit doesn't mind if not we could do some trail riding on EAFB Reservation.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That would be really cool that is if the owner of the pit doesn't mind if not we could do some trail riding on EAFB Reservation.
you can go out on the range, you just need a range pass. i think i paid like 4 bucks for a year pass for "fishing". I believe your supposed to call jackson gaurd before you go out there to see if there bombing, but i never do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
you can go out on the range, you just need a range pass. i think i paid like 4 bucks for a year pass for "fishing". I believe your supposed to call jackson gaurd before you go out there to see if there bombing, but i never do.
I've bin camping ,fishing and trail riding on the range for a long time, as long as you stay in the open areas and on numbered roads you won't have any problems, I also have a state and range fishing pass. The picture on my avatar was taken at Timber Lake.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts