TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Tulsa, Im brand new to the tribe here, pretty cool deal ya got goin on! Ok can somebody please help me?? I bought a pair of fabtech REBUILDABLE 2.5 coilovers recently. Used, e-bay, they were $150 with freight, and they look in decent shape, & everythings there. ones A-OK, ones dead & uncharged. I just want to send these out & have them overhauled, has anyone been down this trail before? SImple is better, I wish I could have them done locally, but half the mechanics I have asked have never even heard of a "rebuildable shock". Thx for any & all insights folks!

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Jayc96taco said:
Greetings from Tulsa, Im brand new to the tribe here, pretty cool deal ya got goin on! Ok can somebody please help me?? I bought a pair of fabtech REBUILDABLE 2.5 coilovers recently. Used, e-bay, they were $150 with freight, and they look in decent shape, & everythings there. ones A-OK, ones dead & uncharged. I just want to send these out & have them overhauled, has anyone been down this trail before? SImple is better, I wish I could have them done locally, but half the mechanics I have asked have never even heard of a "rebuildable shock". Thx for any & all insights folks!
call around to local motor cycle shops. they should be able to recharge the NO2. that way you can find out if they will hold that charge (200psi). If they do and are not leaking oil you are good to go.

If not, you'll need to contact Fabtec for a rebuild kit

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I've rebuilt my King coilovers, yours should be pretty simillar. Other than needing to have access to a decent coil compressor, it was not hard to do. Get in touch with Fabtech, see how much and how long it will take for them to do them, and how much the rebuild kit is. If you want to go the diy way, ask them if there are any particular points to dismantling and reassembling them. The kit is basically a set of replacement o-rings, bushings and seals. You will also need shock oil and compressed nitrogen. Either fabtech or a local motorcycle shop should be able to provide the oil, and that shop or maybe a local 4x4 fabricator or welding shop may be able to provide the nitrogen charge (or maybe even Costco, I've heard they fill tires with nitrogen there). Most m/c shops need for you to bring them in off the truck to charge them. If you take them apart, there will be a large number of very similar looking washers inside. Be very carefull to keep them in order and the right way round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts