TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can airbrush anything that paint sticks to!

I am not trying to get rich, but have some great artist skills. Please let me show you examples of my work. I have done many custom cars, trucks,etc.

You wont be disappointed. Rather than put this in the for sale section I was hoping to do some work and let that speak for itself through happy people in the discussion forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
oh PAINT COMP TIME!!!!

post up some of your work lets see some skillz!

this is what i just did on sunday oh and welcome to cottora!!

·
7,735 Posts
ooh, battle of the air brush.. you can use my hood for the show down. Tie-Dye swirls with subliminal messages please.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Yeah I've told Ben this before, but Doris is one big canvas for you to do anything you like LOL.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
i wonder if we could get nate to do the prep and clear dougs hood for the contest!

kyle seriously if you get dinner and cover some material cost i could give doris a decent tattoo

but to paint the whole thing!? haha im gonan be lucky if i get MY whole truck done!

edit: nate i still need to draw you up a gas mask sketch!!! haha

thats one of my problems is doing the preliminary work to get the job.. most of the time i lack the enthusiam when money and reputation arnt on the line and its just another thing in the back of my headed shadowed by bills... work.... ex-g/fs new g/fs and my relentlessly EPIC ability to procrastinate!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Sounds good. Let me get another coat of paint on her sometime this winter, and then it's all yours for a small section or something. Then I can try that rattle can clear coat too lol.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
if all im laying down is black it should be fine with rattle clear....but if its anything decent with color you'll need a good auto clear.. rattle can clear can KILL a paint job!!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
if all im laying down is black it should be fine with rattle clear....but if its anything decent with color you'll need a good auto clear.. rattle can clear can KILL a paint job!!
Oh....damn.....maybe not then. Do you think it needs clear coat at all then?

Well the roof has my stencil and its kinda my HS yearbook lol. Want the hood? I would say the flatbed, but that would most definitely get jacked up. Maybe spill over the fenders a bit or something? I don't know. I wouldn't have much to say about what you do other than "go nuts." LOL

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
id say a nice simple black sketchings oer some flat clear and maybe some simple colors would work... nothing complex like what i just posted but enough to say "hey that looks cool!!"

i think doris is gonna need a tramp stamp!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
If dougs down to pay for materials I'll do the labor on making his hood straight, base it a nice plain white, clear it, and sand it for you guys to airbrush. Then i'll bring it back to my work and re-clear it after airbrush.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
oh sheet son we may have a bit of fun here!!!

doug if you get pulled over and searched b/c that police officer that pulled you over just happened to glance at your hood.... ITS NOT MY FAULT!! lol i can hear it now "thats not a weed leaf!! thats uhmmm the canadian flag!!"

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
VIONTS!!! WEAR DID YOU GO!!!

dude i hope i didnt scare you away? common we can still have some fun!!! hell we should be best freinds we both drive tacos and airbrush!! haha :lmao:

hellloooo????

anyone out there!????

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VIONTS!!! WEAR DID YOU GO!!!

dude i hope i didnt scare you away? common we can still have some fun!!! hell we should be best freinds we both drive tacos and airbrush!! haha :lmao:

hellloooo????

anyone out there!????
HAHA, this is great. Your work looks nice. I actually will be posting up some stuff I have done when I get home from work tonight. I could care less about a competition though. I will post up some stuff, if people like it, that is great. If not, no worries either. I am pretty laid back so nobody is going to hurt my feelings.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the direct access to some of my work I have uploaded:

www.photobucket.com/skullmaster

some of the pics are not good in quality, but have a look. Hope you guys see stuff you like. Thanks.

Oh, all the cars shown I also primed,painted,airbrushed, and cleared. I can paint regular parts/cars also, just not as much fun without something to spice it up!!!!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Vionts, out of curiosity, do you have a mon-fri 8-5 job? Or do you airbrush for a living?

I work at a local collision repair shop (I do prep for the shop, but I do all of my own sheet metal, body, prep, and paint on my own/friends vehicles). We also do a lot of custom work, and every once in awhile we get people in looking for airbrush stuff but we always end up out sourcing it to whoever is available at the time. I figure if it's something you can do in a timely fashion if we needed it done through the shop, I could get you hooked up with my boss and possibly get some extra cash flow your way. PM me if it's something you'd possibly be interested in and I'll talk to my boss about it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Voints... Nice work... I feel l like I have seen that Vette with the flames somewhere....

very nice work! you really do know your way around a brush!

if you ever get the chance id recomend taking a trip down to vegas for the airbrush getaway, it will give you another 1-5 years experiance in a 5 day week... and im not joking! i think it may just be what your work needs to bring it to the next level. if your interested i can forward you some details. i know if i get a chance i'll be goin back.

also if you dont mind id like to give ya a tip that helped me out with skullys, is get your self a meidcal skull like they use for anatomy. take notes of how the bone structure is laid out wear the growth cracks and plates are. using a good light source and taking referiance pics will really bring them to life!!! then once you know yoru textures and anoatomy you can extrapolate that information and apply it when you do evil chartoony looking skulls. you can bring in more depth, information and character to them by knowing just how the real thing is shaped. i've done so many i cant even beggin to remember all i know is using tons and tons and tons of referance to get the lines and proportions right.

have you ever tried using a projector? another one of those things that will make life alot easyer on yourself!

if youd like maybe we could meet up for a drink and talk paint! i know i always benefit from talking to other painters and sharing ideas storys and techniques

how long have you been at it for? i've been doing it since i was 11-13 then got out of it in the past year or 2

as of right now im trying to get back in it but with a full time job its hard to get shit in and out and i dont want my customers to wait ya know! so doing some small r/c stuff in the mean time keeps me from getting rusty

hows the market here treating you? i havnt tried to get much work b/c of time issues but seriously considering jumping back in full bore, or go back to college... need to make up my mind :p

oh PS i gotta flamey vette too! :D ;)

:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
very nice work! you really do know your way around a brush!

if you ever get the chance id recomend taking a trip down to vegas for the airbrush getaway, it will give you another 1-5 years experiance in a 5 day week... and im not joking! i think it may just be what your work needs to bring it to the next level. if your interested i can forward you some details. i know if i get a chance i'll be goin back.

also if you dont mind id like to give ya a tip that helped me out with skullys, is get your self a meidcal skull like they use for anatomy. take notes of how the bone structure is laid out wear the growth cracks and plates are. using a good light source and taking referiance pics will really bring them to life!!! then once you know yoru textures and anoatomy you can extrapolate that information and apply it when you do evil chartoony looking skulls. you can bring in more depth, information and character to them by knowing just how the real thing is shaped. i've done so many i cant even beggin to remember all i know is using tons and tons and tons of referance to get the lines and proportions right.

have you ever tried using a projector? another one of those things that will make life alot easyer on yourself!

if youd like maybe we could meet up for a drink and talk paint! i know i always benefit from talking to other painters and sharing ideas storys and techniques

how long have you been at it for? i've been doing it since i was 11-13 then got out of it in the past year or 2

as of right now im trying to get back in it but with a full time job its hard to get shit in and out and i dont want my customers to wait ya know! so doing some small r/c stuff in the mean time keeps me from getting rusty

hows the market here treating you? i havnt tried to get much work b/c of time issues but seriously considering jumping back in full bore, or go back to college... need to make up my mind :p

oh PS i gotta flamey vette too! :D ;)

:D
Thanks for all the wisdom and advice. Each person has their own style and I prefer not to use cheap stencils and trace things on cars using projectors. I am more free flowing and original. All of the work shown has been what customers have asked for and happily paid for. Let's not turn this thread into a cock swinging contest. I never intended for it to be that way. People can and will use you for artwork and airbrushing. I am not taking away from you.
So Relax with all this......

1 - 20 of 67 Posts