TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anybody running 33 x 12.50's on 15x8's?? How much lift do you have and hows the clearance when you turn or when your suspension is compressing?? Pics? Thanks

Im running 33's right now but the Thornbirds are getting worn down, and Im looking for new tires; Mud Rovers are what I have in mind...33's of course and I wanna put them on my 15x8's. Just need some opinions

·
Registered
168 Posts
StemsCornfedTaco said:
Is anybody running 33 x 12.50's on 15x8's?? How much lift do you have and hows the clearance when you turn or when your suspension is compressing?? Pics? Thanks
I have 3 suspension and 1 body with 33x12.5s on 15x8s and it rubs off road but not on road. I have also done the pinch weld mod.

look at my pics in my sig

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I've got 3.5 " lift running 33x12.5x15's on 15x8's, rub offroad only under hard compression on turns. Never on road.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have 5" lift and 33x12.50s. I had rubbage even on road if i hit bumps while turning at speeds. Did pinch weld and a little bit of fender banging and am okay now. Think it had something to do with my Firestones being almost an inch bigger than any other 33's i have seen.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
StemsCornfedTaco said:
I have a 2.5" suspension lift and a 3" bl with 33's and 15x8's. I can rub them and thump the pinch weld, If you aint rubbing with 6" and 33's, you aint wheeling! .. Ah here's some old poser pics.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nelium said:
I have 5" lift and 33x12.50s. I had rubbage even on road if i hit bumps while turning at speeds. Did pinch weld and a little bit of fender banging and am okay now. Think it had something to do with my Firestones being almost an inch bigger than any other 33's i have seen.
Do you mean an inch taller?? or wider?? Cuz if you mean wider and you think its bad, try some thornbirds :p

·
Registered
226 Posts
StemsCornfedTaco said:
Do you mean an inch taller?? or wider?? Cuz if you mean wider and you think its bad, try some thornbirds :p
Hmm, not sure about wide haven't checked. They are an easily a noticable inch taller though. I think since firestone is new to the mud tire thing they don't know that your supposed to rip off the customer by making your tire an inch smaller than what it states! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nelium said:
Hmm, not sure about wide haven't checked. They are an easily a noticable inch taller though. I think since firestone is new to the mud tire thing they don't know that your supposed to rip off the customer by making your tire an inch smaller than what it states! :rolleyes:
How do you like your Destinations??? My truck had Firestone Wilderness A/T III's on it when I bought it, I liked them for an all terrain tire.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bryanccfshr said:
I have a 2.5" suspension lift and a 3" bl with 33's and 15x8's. I can rub them and thump the pinch weld, If you aint rubbing with 6" and 33's, you aint wheeling! .. Ah here's some old poser pics.

Nice lookin DUB Cab!

·
Registered
223 Posts
2.5" suspension(kings) 3" bl(roger brown) 33" bfg MTs , pinch weld mod, Rub front and rear offroad. (rear needs bumpstops reset). The 15x8s are nice when you air down though, hold beads great.

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
I have 33" Baja Claw Radials on 15x8's w/ a 3" Revtek. I did the pinch weld mod and only rub a little in the front when my wheel is turned and I hit a bump. The rear is fine except when fully flexed it grabs my fender flare bolt.

I will email you a pic.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jbstrd said:
I have 33" Baja Claw Radials on 15x8's w/ a 3" Revtek. I did the pinch weld mod and only rub a little in the front when my wheel is turned and I hit a bump. The rear is fine except when fully flexed it grabs my fender flare bolt.

I will email you a pic.
Thanks man, I got the email and the pic loaded good. I've gotta get some cash soon so I can get new 33's.

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeet!!! :xrocker:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bryanccfshr said:

off topic,but Bryan,how or the claws holding up as far as milage? Would you buy them again?

·
Chicks Dig Body Damage
542 Posts
Sorry to butt in but I have 33" claws too as I mentioned above and I am impressed at how well they are holding up. I have about 15,000+ miles on them and they are still at about half life. Awesome tires. :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much are the Baja Claws per tire??

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
TRD4WD said:
off topic,but Bryan,how or the claws holding up as far as milage? Would you buy them again?
2 years old and alot of offroad use probably 15-18k miles total. They are wearing well and not abmnormaly at all. A few chunks and abrasions from offroading but still in good balance and still look good. They are decent for such an aggressive tire.

If I put more than recreational and field work mileage on them (if the truck was my daily driver) I would not be as happy with them as a MT type tire wouldn't be good for that.

I am considering the MTZ when these wear out. The directionals are fun but I think that non directionals would work as well for me. I haven't been dissapointed. I think they are worth the price I paid. I have spun these on pavement, slid them on rockflung mud off of them until the clay turned hard, and run a few thousand of the miles aired down in sand. The only mishap I have had is 1 nail thaat required a patch and a wheel.

Not for everyone but damn if they don't fit my needs perfectly. I can't think of nothing really negative to say about them, they are perfroming as expected.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jbstrd said:

I will email you a pic.
Can you take and/or send me a pic a of your Pinch Weld Mod?? Thanks JB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts