TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in palm beach gardens FL, and lookin for some wheeling buddies. anyone near by?

·
Registered
963 Posts
thats not too bad, any good spots around there?
Unfortunately nothing around here.

Although, I did hear about some place call "Corbin" I believe it's off the Bee-Line (Hwy 710) somewhere near Moroso Motorsports Park. From what I understand, the trail is all about mud and water and goes for some three miles that leads to a camp. I have no information in regards to this camp, I'll find out what I can (don't need buck-shot in the ass if ya know what I mean).

My Tacoma is not ready for that type of journey just yet (stock 2006 4x4 SR5 Reg Cab). After the holidays I'm going to order the ARB winch bumper, rims with Boggers and a lift. I really not sure how I want to approach the lift... SAW's and run 33's or Fabtech 6" and run 35's :confused:

Anyway, I'll find out what I can and keep searching for other places that will accommodate us.

-Chaz

·
Registered
607 Posts
2Tense said:
Unfortunately nothing around here.

Although, I did hear about some place call "Corbin" I believe it's off the Bee-Line (Hwy 710) somewhere near Moroso Motorsports Park. From what I understand, the trail is all about mud and water and goes for some three miles that leads to a camp. I have no information in regards to this camp, I'll find out what I can (don't need buck-shot in the ass if ya know what I mean).

My Tacoma is not ready for that type of journey just yet (stock 2006 4x4 SR5 Reg Cab). After the holidays I'm going to order the ARB winch bumper, rims with Boggers and a lift. I really not sure how I want to approach the lift... SAW's and run 33's or Fabtech 6" and run 35's :confused:

Anyway, I'll find out what I can and keep searching for other places that will accommodate us.

-Chaz
I think your talking about the "Corbitt". All mud and water.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wheel corbett everyonce in a while, but you gotta be careful off the grade as wheeling is not really legal out there, theres alot of grey areas in the rules... and the fines are heavy.

but yeah, mostly mud, and water

100 Posts
Adventure in Palm Beach County

LostSol said:
i wheel corbett everyonce in a while, but you gotta be careful off the grade as wheeling is not really legal out there, theres alot of grey areas in the rules... and the fines are heavy.

but yeah, mostly mud, and water

The Corbett is a Wildlife management area and is @ 50,000 acres of water and sand and water and mud and water....You need a high truck or a buggy to go most places. The fines are not too steep (@ $50) but you would really need to be tearing up an area to be ticketed. The place is hunted for @ 9 months of the year so your only good times are may through August. it is an adventure just riding through it with a good chance to see game and to legally fish but you better have a valid license. A winch is one of your best tools to have. you also need to know where vehicles are permitted to travel. Some areas are closed to vehicles. oh, yes...You can get lost in there. Read again...LOST. So do not get too far out of pocket. Take a cell phone. The other place which borders the corbett on the west side is the Dupis Management area. This is found off CR 76 @ 25 miles from Stuart and 3 miles west of port Mayaca. This area is 22,000 acres and is in general more vehicle friendly. Again it is an adventure going through it. Still can get lost but not as easily as in corbett.
What I would do is call the Fl. Wildlife Commmission at (561) 625-5122 and ask specific questions and ask them to send you brocures on the two areas.
Good Luck and Enjoy. Richie

·
Registered
247 Posts
just did a relocate left the taco behind but still have the runner. not going to pry it from my cold dead hands... but back to topic in pembroke pines between ft laud and miami...

·
Registered
45 Posts
New guy here just took delivery of an 06 4x4 Double Cab. Heading out to mudfest in the morning. It's a must see event LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
The pics I took would not be tolerated on this website if you get my drfit LOL

Red2003 we are really close neighbors. I'm off Northlake and Apache in the Acreage. LOL

·
Registered
607 Posts
flataco said:
The pics I took would not be tolerated on this website if you get my drfit LOL

Red2003 we are really close neighbors. I'm off Northlake and Apache in the Acreage. LOL
Closer then you think :D I live off Apache and Orange :kewl:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts