TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these worth 300 bucks? Or are they crap? Fox 21 or 22 inch length , guy says they came off a 98 taco (i have a 99) Don't know the history just some guy on the internet? tell me what you think. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
300 BUCKS
you could probably get a new lift from tuff country or maybe some other brands.
do some research on what others cost.
they are used.
but then again i didnt look at em close.
find out what they cost new, whats comparable. be a detective.
peace

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guy said he paid 1000 bucks. I'm new to all this stuff. Use to rock crawl. sold that slow ass jeep and got me a supercharged taco. I just wana fly through the air lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He also told me they can acheive 4.5 inches of lift, but i have learned that i can't crank them up that high on my taco (max 2-3 inches i've been told) Guy said he had them set at 3 inches on his taco.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I wouldnt do it they look kind of beat up. And if you were serious about flying through the air those arent going to help. If I were you I would save up for a nice set of coilovers or if you want to fly be prepared to drop a lot more than $300. hope I have helped.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i know about saving up to fly. I thought they were kinda beat up too. just wanted to see if i was right, thxs man.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Anyone that says you can get 4.5" of lift from front coilovers is full of shit at least once already. I wouldnt trust anything he says. They also look like crap

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Are these worth 300 bucks? Or are they crap? Fox 21 or 22 inch length , guy says they came off a 98 taco (i have a 99) Don't know the history just some guy on the internet? tell me what you think. Thanks for any advice.
offer him $50 I wouldn't pay much more for used FTs with their 550# coils :rolleyes:

4.5" ...LOL, yea, right:rolleyes: kinda hard to do that when the suspension only has 4" of uptravel in the first place...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guess that settles it. They are crap. Thanks for all of your advice. Wish i could give all of ya a pbr.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
guess that settles it. They are crap. Thanks for all of your advice. Wish i could give all of ya a pbr.
well, 'crap' is such a relative term around here ;) Are they better than stock? you bet, tons better. Are they a great product? no.

try to talk the guy down in price. most likely they will need a rebuilt anyway and that will run around $100 for parts...depending on what needs replacing.

If he paid $1k for them originally...he got took...badly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts