TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 3.4 Tacoma FI engine in a comp rock buggy.I'm trying to get the top of the engine as low as possible.Can someone tell me if there is any reason why it might not work if you had a tunnel built from the manifold inlet ports back to the rear of the engine,with the throttle body bolted on at the rear of the engine,somewhat like a Ramjet engine,just backwards?If anyone knows of this being done please give me some information.Thanks Adam Carter,WE-Rock 315e

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Didn't there used to be an old-school Transformer named Ram-Jet?

Sorry to distract away from your topic.. but the name reminded me of all the crazy buzz going on now with that new Transformers movie due out next summer. :D

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
anything is possible...... you just need the right amount of money :D. You do bring up and interesting concept though. From what I understood of your post, you basically want to put custom intake manifold on the 5VZ, but have the T-body on the mounted on the back of the engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You lost me with all that tech stuff,remember I'm from Alabama.We have a 1995 Tacoma engine,3.4,and what ever else you can call it.We ran it last year in a single seat comp buggy.This year we are building a new one with the engine laying at a angle from driver side to pass side with the two drive lines running down the pass side.The plintium rises about 7 inches above the heads,it would be a lot lower with a air box built down the center and the throtle body mounted at the rear of the intake.This would help being able to see over the top of the engine.I guess what I'm trying to find out is would a air box about 5" wide 4" high and about 4" longer than the intake hold enough air to supply the intake?I don't understand why the factory intake has 6 throghts and connects to one large throght at the throtle body.What i'm trying to do is loose the plintium.I"m going to goahead and build one as a test model just to see if it will supply enough air.I talked to a local Toyota mechanic and he wants to know if it works to.Might be on to something for offroaders,or maybe just a waste of a good sheet of steel.Thanks for any help I can get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts