TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has ever had to run their Taco's without the radiator shroud, what was your experience with having done so under what weather conditions? I've searched through a few threads but nothing yielding the answer that I'm looking for.

Kruso

·
Registered
71 Posts
why do this? you'd probably have cooling problems.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
i did it for like 3 months with no problems. didn't run any hotter. i drive mostly highway though although i have not noticed any issues city driving.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
been runing without one for over 50k miles with no overheating problems at all in all kinds of weather

·
Registered
71 Posts
Call me ignorant - but why are you pulling the shroud? Just curious.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I was up at Gilmer with the TX guys a few months ago I had a slight mishap causing my shroud to get pinned on the fan jamming it completely. The shroud had to be removed completely as a temp fix to get the rig back home but never got back around to putting it back together. Lately its been running hot and I dont think its due to the weather change. I'm putting a new shroud back on later on today but just wanted to get an idea of the possible outcome.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, have any any of you come across a way of testing the fan clutch as that'll be the next thing replaced.

Kruso

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
i had to remove my fan shroud when i hit a guardrail and my entire body moved over (body lift) causing the fan to stick on the fan shroud. ran it for 3 months after i got it back and no problems. i think it may be your fan clutch or something more major. does it get hot at highway speeds, because that would rule out the fan.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Call me ignorant - but why are you pulling the shroud? Just curious.
my motor mount broke causing the fan and shroud to become better acquainted with each other. the shroud wont the fight. oh and you can run a stock taco fan without 1 blade and all that will happen is youll have a slight vibration:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just took it apart and the front looked good just like it always had after hours of pressure washing it but the back was 70 clogged up. Harold <interex> had told me that that was probably the case and he called it.

Front

Back where the mud clog was...

Kruso

1 - 12 of 12 Posts