TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but that's not a standard BFG pattern, it's very odd looking.....

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99FlowedTaco said:
you can typically get re-treaded tires where sidewall says one thing but the tread pattern is from another brand of tire ! like the ebay link u posted.

ahhh, gotcha!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
those are tires like the offroad trucks use. i dont even know what the class its but like the 2wd yodas and stuff run them, i see them on tv alot

·
Registered
356 Posts
would yall say its bad to buy re-treaded tires? I was considering this because of the huge price break...or is more of the theory "you get what you pay for"

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
retreaded tires are great if you find a reputable dealer high tech retreading ive used before with great success do a google search for them. retreads are generally a bit tougher rubber wise but will last greatly. using common sense inflation , rotation ect .

·
Registered
247 Posts
there are pictures taken with two different sets of tires. one are the at ko's the second are a generic mud terrain. I think I have one as a spare on my 4runner. its like a pep boys mud terrain not a retread as for the interior they did a good job of redoing I think... probably cost them about 500 to have it done. use to send cars out to katskin to get redone our cost was around 600 for leather seats and we would charge 1200. oops did i just let out a car dealer secret on the mark up for leather......

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
obex26 said:
there are pictures taken with two different sets of tires. one are the at ko's the second are a generic mud terrain.
x2. They're two different sets of tires. The ones in the first pic with the funky tread are Marshal brand tires. At least that's what the white lettering on the sidewall says...

Marshal tires used to be (maybe still are?) sold at places like Walmart. They're apparently now (or always were) an offshoot of Kumho.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts