TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
it seems to be fun to get a group of wheelers together and have treasure inside boxes at specific gps locations. anyone else done it and if so how did it turn out?
Showstop...king of geocacheing :p

·
Administrator
18,233 Posts
I Geocached for 6 years until money got tight. I've got over 11,000 finds. I still find caches when got out and wheel and around town. I even started a local 4wd club focused on Geocaching.

www.socal4x4geocachers.org

The group has been pretty quiet recently but we used to have trips every month.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's awesme! i posted this on Bears thread but:
(talking about harlan)i was thinking it would be awesome to do it down there. i know the area kinda well and know the mountains even better and my family is from and lives down there. i was thinking for a summer trip get some money or donations from people and give it to my family in advance and have them go throughout the mountains and place it, logging their location with each "treasure"

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
We used to do it for a while around town, not much around though surprisingly. One year when we went to Moab we did a few around there which was fun.

One of the Offroad Magazines used to do a geocaching type game and hide the coordinates in various places in the magazine. Some were pretty hard to find. Then you put them together to find the location. It was a national thing so most of them were too far away to get but they had pretty awesome prizes for the first person to find it (like winches and lights etc). Then they randomly stopped doing it. That was the only reason we subscribed to them. :\

·
Registered
366 Posts
The girlfriend and I searched some local ones out for a couple weeks and then kinda got over it. It was good for a bit but I think it would definitely be more fun to do somewhere away from home. We have about as many finds as showstop, without all those zeros, but zeros, by definition, are worthless anyway!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts