TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about installing one on my 01. If anyone has one could you please post a pic. Also If anyone has installed a factory rack...how tough was it to do?

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Uneasy Rider said:
I was thinking about installing one on my 01. If anyone has one could you please post a pic. Also If anyone has installed a factory rack...how tough was it to do?

You can find the installation manual here-
I would recommend going with a Yakima setup- more versatile- plus its removeable/resellable

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
Uneasy Rider said:
If you are talking about the real factory roof rack, they don't sell them. The only ones I've found are the ones on e-bay, but they are not like the ones that were originally sold with the double cabs. Here is a technical article on that subject:

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=15&c=10

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Uneasy Rider said:
Barb at TRDParts4U.com can get you a Gulf States Toyota one for $169.

The "Factory" rack issues are detailed correctly in the Custom Tacos article.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an OEM from a member last year. It is still in pieces but doesn't look at all difficult to install. I have the Toyota manual in PDF if you need all the pieces and instructions. The roof in pieces cost over 1200.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an OEM from a member last year. It is still in pieces but doesn't look at all difficult to install. I have the Toyota manual in PDF if you need all the pieces and instructions. The roof in pieces cost over 1200.
Thanks. I just ordered the OEM rack off of ebay today. I may have to hit you up for those instructions if they are not included with the new rack.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I bought my DC, I convinced the dealer to buy me the individual parts for the rack and I installed it myself. It's pretty easy. I used rivet nuts to attach it to the roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts