TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen some pics but im just wondering who here has a flatbed. did u make it urself or buy a kit?

ive been lookin at the all pro kit. its simply badass and nice lookin.

any other kits out there? also lookin for a new front bumper/push bar. thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I second the making your own. You have the ability to set everything up the way thats most convenient for you.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I would make your own if you have the tools. The AP kit is nice, but it looks too standard to me.

I plan on making a Flat bed after I destroy the bedsides to where they are falling off, or useless. I plan on making compartments for my tools and spare parts. Maybe even stick the spare tire under the flat bed.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I built mine from the All-Pro kit but...

upgraded some of the material for strength and a little more room. I've got a 10 lbs CO2 and 3 tool boxes bolted down now. I can carry all my tools and recovery gear easily. A large ice chest goes between the bed box and the spare. I welded tabs all around the bed, so I have lots of places for tie down hooks. For camp gear I just stuff everything into a huge Navy duffel bag and it straps down nicely.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You will need a bender or go to a local...

muffler shop to get the final bends on the All-Pro tube set. The hardest part is keeping everything square, and notching the tube ends. Take you time measuring and making final cuts. Material is easy to grind off, but hard to add when you make a mistake.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I originally had the HI lift main bar and handle...

between the main hoop uprights, but it took up too much room. Now the bar and handle are mounted on the bed sides and are easy to reach but out of the way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I still need to mount a CB whip and...

there is room under the left fender for an on board welder. I hope to built that this summer. :saw: :welder:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have one very similar to BeaterToyota's pic in the Phoenix area. Fits an 89-94.5 Hilux with a standard cab. It has no floor deck so you can use Aluminum, expanded Steel, or whatever.

If interested, post up (I won't ship it).

Sean

·
Registered
39 Posts
flat bed

yea i would go with making your own.....i made mine out of wood to get it exactly how i wanted and get the looks right and then went out and got the steel to make it.....the AP's are really nice looking tho

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
yotakid74
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing