TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any pics of a swing out tire carrier on a tube bumper. I have Marlins rear bumper on my 94 and I'm going to 37's and I need someplace to put my full size spare. It wont' fit in the back with all the other crap I carry and I'll be damned if I can get that thing up on my roof rack by myself without a ladder not to mention the center of gravity issue.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. PMed him.. anybody else?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
UKMyers said:
I'm looking for any pics of a swing out tire carrier on a tube bumper. I have Marlins rear bumper on my 94 and I'm going to 37's and I need someplace to put my full size spare. It wont' fit in the back with all the other crap I carry and I'll be damned if I can get that thing up on my roof rack by myself without a ladder not to mention the center of gravity issue.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53023 BEEEEFY

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
i built one off of a allpro rear bumper, holds a 33" and my high lift,greaseable billet steel hinge, locking clasp, ill send some pics when i get home

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Sorry for the 2 year bump but does anybody have a close-up pic of how they mounted the hinge to the tube (like the white Taco in this thread)?? I want to make a tube bumper for my 84 4Runner but also wanted a swing out tire carrier. I'm having a hard time envisioning the corner where the hinge and the tube meet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/aztbob/swing out/

hinge is from rocklogic4x4 - not sure if they are in business still.

Sorry for the 2 year bump but does anybody have a close-up pic of how they mounted the hinge to the tube (like the white Taco in this thread)?? I want to make a tube bumper for my 84 4Runner but also wanted a swing out tire carrier. I'm having a hard time envisioning the corner where the hinge and the tube meet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Why can't someone make a bumper just like Willman's in the $600 range?????????????????????????????? That is exactly what I want.

·
Registered
829 Posts
How much are you looking to get for it? PM me.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Old thread alert ?
Better than making a new thread on an old topic right? That's what the search function is for, correct?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Burn Scub951!!! :lmao:

Better than making a new thread on an old topic right? That's what the search function is for, correct?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
13 Participants
ROCKWIESER
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing