TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to clean up the cases of my t-cases before I assemble everything back together. I tried running them through my sand blaster, but the sand just moves the dirt and grease around! I think I can get them clean enough by hot tanking them. I used to have access to the "dishwasher" style hot tank at Christopher Dodge, but my buddy doesn't work there any more. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
A hot tank will melt aluminum/alloys; I have been told, since it uses a diluted caustic acid solution. I wanted to clean a 5MGE head and that's what the engine shop folks told me. The acid will make the aluminum into a gooey mess, then the tank would have to be cleaned out and I'd be charged a "huge pain in the ass" fee and smacked in the face with a crank.

You'd be safer finding a parts washer; worked for me...

>>Dan

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I meant parts washer. I just wanted to find one of the automatic parts washers that heats the solvent up, those seem to work the best. Most machine shops have something of the sort, just wanted to see if someone on here had access to one. If I have to pay $20 to have a shop do it, its no big deal.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I doubt you'd voluntarily drive all the way down south to the Springs but I know a few places that oughta be able to help.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, by the time I pay for gas in the truck to drive down there, I might as well pay the machine shop by my house!

I think I am just going to stop by there and see how much they want. Its only a few pieces of aluminum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts