TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on E-BAY and saw EZ-LIFT Tacoma spacer lifts and was wondering if anybody has them or has heard good or bad about them. You can get them with diff drop and AAL. What do you think?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
never brought the tough country spacers...but i was about too...than i saw toytec and cornfed getting a lot of respect here

so i decided to go with toytec...for the spacers...and 2" shackles from cornfed...you should get 1.5 downey if you don't wanna go through the hassle with cornfed...since they do have a lot of compliants about not answering phones, etc..

but i had no problem with them...i got my shackles 2 days after the paypal echeck cleared...so it's all up to you..

i know for a fact that toytec or cornfed are better spacers than the ez-lift you see on e-bay...

you get what you pay for...so it's up to you...
if you do choose to go with a spacer lift...i recommand looking into toytec or cornfed first...

hope this helps...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally I run EZ-lift spacers and can say the honestly ride 50 times better than CF or Toy tec. My buddy runs CF and I think the truck rides like sh*t compaired to mine. But its up to you - I just like the EZ-lift kit.
Bobby

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
EZ lift spacers are top load(not in the coils like cornfed or Toytec) they have and are known for Overextending CVs, Breaking Ball Joints and upper arms coming in contact with the coils on droop..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about limiting straps? would that help with overextending? Where can I get some limit straps and how do they install?

2004 d-cab

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You use limiting straps that have a little slack in them at normal compression. When the suspension stretches out they'll come tight and stop prior to hyperextending the CV's or popping the ball Joints.

Tim

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
scoot33 said:
What about limiting straps? would that help with overextending? Where can I get some limit straps and how do they install? 2004 d-cab
Contact Jason at DeMello Offroad. I think he sells limit straps, or could at least give you a good idea of what you'd need. Either give him a call or email him, or hit him up with a PM (private message) thru his profile (cb77demello).

Another place that most likely sells them is Kartek, although you'd probably need to know the specifications for the limit straps ahead of time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
whats the word on the EZ lift w/the drop diff set up on ebay? I that worth any thing?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The ez lift spacers go between the coil assembly top plate and the strut mount. It lowers the entire coil assembly without compressing the coils which is why is may ride better than the CF spacers. Remember, none of the spacer lifts really increase travel. So, the EZ kit has stock downtravel, but from a location 2.5" lower than stock which is why is can overextend the suspension. The CF spacers maintain an almost stock shock mounting location thereby keeping downtravel at a safe level. Yes there would then be less downtravel but it is safer. A set of limiting straps with the EZ lift would limit the downtravel to a safe place I guess. If is rides better, It would be a good option. But, then you have to get the straps and have them welded. Seems like a lot of work for a spacer lift. I ran the 2.5" CB spacers on TRD coils for 60k. It was firm, but I was very happy with it. I have never seen or used the toytec spacers, so I cant really comment on them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Aren't the EZ lift spacers the same concept as Revtek?? I'm just curious if Revtek has the same problem overextending stuff.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i ran the Toytec 3" coil spacers before my coilovers, and if you go that route, you might want to make sure you run them with NonTRD coils... that progressive rate is harsh with spacers... with the nonTRD coils and brand new bilstein HD shocks, the ride wasnt as harsh... the ride IS stiff, but if you want to stay safe when wheeling, i personally prefer the preload spacers over the top out spacers like EZ Lift...

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
CajunTaco said:
Aren't the EZ lift spacers the same concept as Revtek?? I'm just curious if Revtek has the same problem overextending stuff.
The Revtek spacers combine a preload spacer and a top-out spacer (two separate spacers). I can't remember now how thick the Revtek's top-out spacer is, but it's nowhere near as large as the EZ-Lift one. It's like .25"-.5", I think. Although most people running the Revtek lift have not experienced overextension problems, I'm always hesitant to recommend it simply because of the increased risk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts