TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone on here have a three inch roger brown body lift installed on their tacoma? i am going to get the 3 inch kit with the "ultimate" pucks, front bumper brackets, steering extension, bed spacers, and radiator remounting kit.
what else am i going to need to install the kit (longer fuel lines, wires, ... anything that needs to be lengthened)?
what problems did you have installing the kit?
what should i watch for?
will i have to get my truck aligned?
and would you recommend the kit?

thanks...dalton

·
Registered
168 Posts
bigd9247 said:
does anyone on here have a three inch roger brown body lift installed on their tacoma? i am going to get the 3 inch kit with the "ultimate" pucks, front bumper brackets, steering extension, bed spacers, and radiator remounting kit.
what else am i going to need to install the kit (longer fuel lines, wires, ... anything that needs to be lengthened)?
what should i watch for?

thanks...dalton
I've got the 1 inch RB kit and I think it is really good quality. The istall was easy and I did it by myself in one day. The 3 inch will be a little harder just because you have to make more modifications. The hardest problem I had was the rear bumper no lining up, but drilling new holes and some tweaking fixed that. All in all its a very nice quality kit.
Brian

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
bigd9247 said:
what should i watch for?

thanks...dalton
I have a 1" RB BL, and I know that your going to need to lengthen theh fuel line for sure, as well as adjust your linkage if you have a A/T.

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
I have the 3" kit with the ultimate pucks and grade 8 hardware. It is a quality kit and comes highly recommended on this board. The install is straight forward, just take your time and watch for lines stretching (AC lines especially that run through your firewall). You will most likely need to extend the main ground wire of your engine (the big single wire attached to your firewall almost), make sure to disconnect that as well as your battery cables. Make sure to remove your gas cap before you start lifting! You can extend the fuel line, but, there is some adjustment available in the bracket where your fill and vent lines attach if you loosen the bolt and slide the bracket up (hard to explain without a picture) you can get the lines up far enough where you won't have to cut. Open the gas door and remove the rubber seal around the hole and you will have enough room to be able to get the gas cap on and off. Loosen the steering shaft before lifting to prevent any binding when lifting.

Follow the directions provided carefully and take your time, make sure not to
rush and get another guy to help.
A good source for info and pictures can be found here although it is only a 1".
http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacoma mods/rb1inchbl/rb1bl.htm

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone for the replies.

Toyo4x4, did you just remove the plastic inside the gas tank filler like they did on that website you sent me? and does it work fine? or did you do something else? also what did you do about your radiator? did you remount it yourself or what? and also could you send me a side picture of your truck? my email address is [email protected]

any one else have comments?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
bigd9247 said:
thanks everyone for the replies.

Toyo4x4, did you just remove the plastic inside the gas tank filler like they did on that website you sent me? and does it work fine? or did you do something else? also what did you do about your radiator? did you remount it yourself or what? and also could you send me a side picture of your truck? my email address is [email protected]

any one else have comments?
I have the 2" Roger Brown body lift and for the gas/filler neck I just dremeled out the opening a little bigger so everything could drop down. It still looks good with it dremeled,it's worth a shot

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
I removed that rubber lining you see in the picture on Pete's website. For the Radiator, there are two holes that line up about three inches below the bottom mounts that you can use. For the top mounts, I just redrilled two holes and attached two bolts. The only picture I have so far is kind of crappy (I'm at school without a digital camera), so here is one from this summer right after I did it.

http://www.easternoffroad.us/images/guard.JPG

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the pic Toyo4x4... pretty sweet lookin truck. hopefully i am going to be getting some 33x12.50 Swamper SSR's on 15x10 black wheels. i really like that blacked out look.

any more comments or advice would be appreciated...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
bigd9247
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing