TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just ordered his Total Chaos long travel kit for his '07. Everything should be here by Friday assuming everything goes well. I'm not sure how difficult it should be but doesn't look too bad. A little experience wouldn't hurt though. :D

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! Finally saw the light and came over here from CO4X4.ORG, huh? LOL

When and where?

I haven't done it, but I have done CV's and some other stuff that might help, and I imagine a few more hands won't hurt!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been registered over here for a little while but never really posted much. After all, I am a Nissan guy so I hope I don't get banned. :D Not sure exactly where we'll be installing it yet, but definitely somewhere in Fort Collins. We'll probably start Friday afternoon/night and get all factory stuff off and hopefully finish on Saturday. The install will consist of:

TC long travel kit
Fox 2.5 Coilovers w/ 600lb springs
Rear Deaver leafs
Rear Sway-a-way shocks

Fenders are getting ordered but they'll still need to get painted (just missed a set of brand new painted ones for sale :mad: ) and trying to locate a set of the extended axles. They're on backorder everywhere we've called until Mid-Feb.

Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Might be able to give you a hand on saturday afternoonish if you still need it. I'll be looking at houses friday and part of saturday, but should have some extra time if needed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the help from everyone. We're finally running into a snag trying to get it done this weekend since the extended axles are nowhere to be found. It sounds like part of the axle can be removed and run 2wd for a few weeks until they come in but nobody has really reached a consensus yet.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Yes, you need to have at least the outer stub in place (say from the wheel to the first joint) on post 1995 vehicles because Toyota switched from full floating to semi-floating front.

Aren't the extended axles just stock Tundra units?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunatly everything needs to be put off for another week. Everything was ordered early this week with shop knowing that it was to be delivered by Friday. For some reason that didn't happen and didn't get a single part....basically everything is scheduled for Monday. If anyone is going to be around the following weekend I think plans may be rescheduled for then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
RedRunnertc
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing