TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the verge of making a lift purchase and I really want to go with the SAW 2.0's in the front. The one thing holding me back is what I'm reading about salt and how it corrodes the Coilovers and makes adjustment near impossible. I know many of you folks out west are running them, but how about people here in New England? I live in Maine and the winters are harsh. They also salt the crap out of the roads. My truck (2001 Dbl Cab 4x4 SR5) is a daily driver, I do plow with it (the plow is just on to plow with and then it comes off - I do not travel with it) and do some offroad with it as well.

I'm looking for some feedback from others in a similar situation. My other option is the OEM Tundra lift, but I just can't stop thinking about the SAWs!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
salt eats freakin anything, man. i dont care what brand and what coating you have. eventually the cancer takes over. and yeah, the corrosion will screw your ability to adjust your coilovers, so adjust them when you first get em.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. I don't mind cleaning them after each storm or once per week or something, but that isn't going to help either, then I may have to find an alternative.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts