TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a little new to the truck world and i just got done istalling a 3" lift and new wheels and tires. now i am getting antsy to go out and test it out. i have heard of corbett north of northlake and was wondering if anyone wanted to go there one weekend. let me know.

·
Registered
271 Posts
k - June looks kindof busy for me, but if I can steal a Sunday away I'll head up to Corbett with you. We need to check the calendar to make sure it's not hunting season.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
You should be ok as far as hunting season goes. I think the only thing they do in the simmer is spring turkey, but I think that has already past.
Check on the game commision website just to make sure though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How challenging is the terrain at Corbett? I have a PreRunner Sport..... so unfortunately that means 2wd and no locker :( . Not the best set up for wheeling. This is my first truck, and I didn't realize I would become so interested in taking it off pavement.

I live down in Deerfield Beach also.

·
Registered
676 Posts
How challenging is the terrain at Corbett? I have a PreRunner Sport..... so unfortunately that means 2wd and no locker :( . Not the best set up for wheeling. This is my first truck, and I didn't realize I would become so interested in taking it off pavement.

I live down in Deerfield Beach also.
You can run everything in corbett in your 2wd prerunner. It's not flooded and you can drive around the mudholes. It's all flat dirtroad type trails with mudholes along the way. Great for sightseeing. When I was unlifted on stock tires in my 4x4 I did the whole thing in 2 wheel drive. I only used 4x4 in the sand because I was sliding around but wasnt stuck... Hell I work in there, I'm a ups driver and I have deliveries in there. I've driven around in the in the ups truck with no issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. If any of you guys are going out to ride, I'd be interested in hitting it up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can you give me some kind of directions on how to get there. i would like to meet up with you guys if you are still going on the 29th.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I-95 North to Northlake blvd west all the way to the end turn right(north) on Seminole Pratt take that all the way to the end and Corbett is on the left. $6 per vehicle(at least it use to be).
Yep, still $6 for the envelope drop if you don't have a management area stamp.

Paste this into google maps and it will show where the gate is:
Seminole Pratt Whitney Rd @26.853877, -80.292051

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looking forward to getting out there with you guys. i'll be there just before 9. is there a list of whose going? who should i be looking for? i'll be in an 08 silver dc.

·
Registered
607 Posts
looking forward to getting out there with you guys. i'll be there just before 9. is there a list of whose going? who should i be looking for? i'll be in an 08 silver dc.
I'd really like to go but I just have too much happening right now. Have fun and be careful:) . Oh by the way my avatar is me and Chaz in the Corbett.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but have any of you guys down there heard from Chaz?
I haven't heard from him since sometime last year when I was down at his house replacing an O2 sensor on my truck. He was really into the karting thing then and probably still is. He did have a badass kart when I was down there,but we all know Chaz would only have the best $$ could buy:D .

·
Registered
31 Posts
These are the guys that set up the run, there should be a bunch of people out there:
4x4 club in West Palm
I'll be out there in my red 90 pickup, so if there is a list of who's going count me in.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
10 Participants
xcmountain80
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing