TTORA Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Fellas,

I would really like to check these trails out but with all the rain we have had lately I am apprehensive to take my 2wd DD out into some deep mud, especially since my only offroad experience is on a 2x1 mountainbike. I know some of the guys on SwampThings4x4 have also mentioned that the trails are really wet right now.

So, if anyone going out has an extra seat and would like some change for gas, send me a message.

-Jon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i am going to go out with them on sunday. it will be my first time out there so i am looking forward to it. the high water is making me a little nervous but at least someone will be there to help out if i get stuck. i do have 3" lift with 285/75/16 a/t's so hopefully i will be good to go. if you want to ride along let me know, it would be nice to have some company.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Good luck guys and be careful the water will be deep out there. If you guys need some help with anything I live close to the Corbett entrance and would be happy to lend a hand or if you need a safe place to leave your ride for a day I can PM someone my cell #.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am going to go out with them on sunday. it will be my first time out there so i am looking forward to it. the high water is making me a little nervous but at least someone will be there to help out if i get stuck. i do have 3" lift with 285/75/16 a/t's so hopefully i will be good to go. if you want to ride along let me know, it would be nice to have some company.
PM sent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was out there on the 15th and it was pretty dry. I ran trail 6 and tomato field grade and could have done both trails without getting a tire wet. Now we have had LOTS of rain in those 2 weeks since then, so I'm curious to see how full it will be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like someone might have joined the water in the cab club.:(
Yep, I was riding shotgun.

The Tacoma took on a little water, but this was the only time it got stuck. Other than that it handled like a champ!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks like someone might have joined the water in the cab club.:(
It's really fun when you hear the water just rushing in, then look down into the ashtray and notice that's where the drain plugs still are, not in the back of the cab:banghead:

It was really wet out there, but a hell of a good time. Some of the rigs out there were just plain impressive with what they were and went through.

Good thing it wasn't a no wake zone :xdevil:

I have to replace my alternator, it went out after getting submerged a few times. Didn't notice my electric fan got switched over to high when I got back onto the main road. My battery lasted right up untill I got to the north gate to leave, so I had a friend bring me out a battery and all was good:cool: I pulled the dial off my front hubs while I was waiting on the battery, and water was pouring out so repacking the wheel bearings is on the list as well.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
GOD I hate water lol. I've had to replace a starter and about 10 fuses because of it. Good to see ya'll had fun though. that's a good picture!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yep, I was riding shotgun.

The Tacoma took on a little water, but this was the only time it got stuck. Other than that it handled like a champ!
i've been waiting for these pics!! yeah water in the cab really sucks. i used a carpet steamer the night of and it really took care of a lot of the major water but the next morning the truck smelled like a swamp monster. i pulled the seats and carpet last night and let it sit out in the sun today to dry out. i will be putting it back in this weekend after i rewire my stereo a little differently. the good news is that the xm tuner that was underneath if the pass seat is working fine and the pass door speaker is also good after a good drying out.

i will definitely go again when it is a little dryer out there. i managed to get through all day on sunday without a scratch on the truck and someone hit it yesterday on the pass rear quarter just above the tailpipe. i could just kill idiotic people!!!

jon, make sure you post some of your pics on swampthings site as well if you get some time. talk to you soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I puddle jump the big brown truck through shit like that. :flipoff1:

How did ya get it out ? Looks like you had a good time. I told yall it was wet, what time were you out there ? I was in there working around 11:30 this morning.
a newer jeep wrangler on 35's pulled me out. the thing that sucked was i almost made it out myself if it hadn't been for a log that the left front tire couldn't get over. the wrangler also got stuck in that hole after i was pulled out so i guess that says a lot about it.

we started about 9:30 on sunday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i've been waiting for these pics!! yeah water in the cab really sucks. i used a carpet steamer the night of and it really took care of a lot of the major water but the next morning the truck smelled like a swamp monster. i pulled the seats and carpet last night and let it sit out in the sun today to dry out. i will be putting it back in this weekend after i rewire my stereo a little differently. the good news is that the xm tuner that was underneath if the pass seat is working fine and the pass door speaker is also good after a good drying out.

i will definitely go again when it is a little dryer out there. i managed to get through all day on sunday without a scratch on the truck and someone hit it yesterday on the pass rear quarter just above the tailpipe. i could just kill idiotic people!!!

jon, make sure you post some of your pics on swampthings site as well if you get some time. talk to you soon.
I posted some pics this morning: http://theswampthings4x4club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3366#3366

Kevin thats awesome you didn't get any scratches on the truck Sunday. I guess the paint isn't as bad as some people say, it definately had some run ins with airborne rocks and low hanging branches. That f*ckin sucks that someone hit you though.... South Florida drivers are the worst!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was out there yesterday evening... live just a few blocks away. It was wet! First time out there.... pretty cool. Lot's of deer and hogs... Do I need a "stamp" to be in there? Where do I get one? Courthouse? Walmart?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was out there yesterday evening... live just a few blocks away. It was wet! First time out there.... pretty cool. Lot's of deer and hogs... Do I need a "stamp" to be in there? Where do I get one? Courthouse? Walmart?
Ya, you need to either pay at the gate ($3 by yourself or $6 for 2+ people in the same vehicle) or get a management area stamp. Walmart has them at the sporting goods counter, and the tax collector. Pretty much anywhere that sells hunting/fishing licences will have them as well. Mine was $27 at walmart and it's good for one year.

·
Registered
43 Posts
cool... thanks for the info! I'm a Florida native, lived within miles of Corbett for years...never gone wheeling there until this week. Love it. Gonna go get my stamp....

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
10 Participants
xcmountain80
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing